Legal & Compliance at Policygenius...
Are you looking for the opportunity to join a nimble, dynamic legal team, with real impact on the day-to-day business and key strategic initiatives across the enterprise? Are you a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment with lots of balls in the air? We’re looking for an exceptional lawyer who can roll up their sleeves and be a trusted partner to the legal team and the business.
The Counsel will work hand-in-hand with our product team on launching new product offerings, assist with the review and negotiation of contracts, advise on privacy and cybersecurity issues, and provide analysis and legal advice on a wide range of issues.
In this role, you will…
- Be a core member of the team building our new app and estate planning tool
- Work crossfunctionally with product and engineering teams to help develop and de-risk new products and tools
- Be a key driver in building and optimizing our privacy and cybersecurity compliance initiatives
- Review a wide range of SaaS and commercial agreements
- Concisely explain legal terms, identify related risks, and recommend tactics to achieve the most favorable, risk-mitigated results
- Be a utility player, taking on opportunities and adding value in practice areas beyond privacy & product, including assisting the General Counsel and legal team in a variety of special projects as needed
We’d love to hear from you if you…
- Have 4+ years of relevant legal experience at a top law firm and/or in-house legal department and strong academic credentials, including a JD
- Have in depth knowledge of data privacy and cybersecurity
- Have superior written & verbal communication skills and a keen attention to detail
- Have excellent strategic thinking and problem solving skills
- Have the ability to stay calm under pressure, work independently, and handle multiple assignments simultaneously while meeting time-sensitive deadlines
- Are a team-player with the ability to work collaboratively across various functions and with colleagues at all levels
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" three years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!