Ro is the healthcare technology company building a patient-centric healthcare system. Ro’s vertically integrated primary care platform powers a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. With a nationwide provider network, in-home care API, and proprietary pharmacy distribution centers, Ro seamlessly connects telehealth, diagnostics, and pharmacy services to provide high-quality, affordable healthcare without the need for insurance. Since 2017, Ro has facilitated more than six million digital healthcare visits in nearly every county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts. Visit Ro.co for more information.
Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020, and earned its Great Place to Work Certification in 2020.
We’re looking for a Counsel, Sales & B2B to join the growing Legal Team (temporarily working remotely)! This role will report to Ro’s Senior Counsel and will be primarily responsible for all legal matters for Workpath, our recently-acquired subsidiary. Think of yourself as the GC of a startup within a startup. Workpath is the in-home healthcare API. Workpath allows healthcare companies to dispatch healthcare professionals to their patients with a single API. Your work will include: negotiating contracts with Workpath’s customers, partners, and vendors; advising Workpath leadership on a variety of corporate, privacy matters, and employment matters; assisting in the management of Workpath’s IP portfolio; and coordinating closely with stakeholders across Ro’s entire organization (Legal, Finance, Tech, Ops, Clinical).
Who are you? That's a great question. You have broad in-house experience, particularly at B2B and SaaS companies, and you are excited about working on being the legal point person for a startup within a startup. You are friendly, flexible, and eager to learn about all facets of both Workpath and Ro. You are organized, detail-oriented, and comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Review, draft, and negotiate a wide variety of contracts (think: sales contracts, partnerships, technology vendors, labor agreement, NDAs, and marketing and advertising contracts)
- Counsel Workpath and Ro on a host of legal questions, such as: IP protection and enforcement; content and advertising clearance; contract interpretation; employment law
- Own privacy compliance at Workpath
- Manage Workpath’s IP portfolio
- Assist with dispute resolution
- Help create and implement Workpath-specific policies
- Manage corporate filings and regulatory filings
- Design, build, and improve legal processes and forms
What You Bring to the Team:
- You are an attorney with a JD, admission to a state bar, and 4-6 years of relevant in-house or law firm experience
- You have deep experience negotiating sales, B2B, and SaaS agreements
- You are comfortable being the point person for employment, privacy, and corporate questions for Workpath
- You are comfortable handling tasks and answering questions that are unfamiliar to you
- You are able to assess and balance both legal and business risks
- You are a skillful drafter and issue-spotter, and a clear communicator
- Experience working in the healthcare space
- Experience representing technology and/or emerging growth companies
- Experience with intellectual property, consumer protection, advertising, employment, and/or healthcare law
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Fitness reimbursement
- Paid maternity/parental leave
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.