Counsel at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Braze is looking for an exceptional Counsel to join our dynamic and rapidly growing legal team in our New York headquarters. You will report to the Associate General Counsel and will draft and negotiate complex commercial contracts, including master subscription agreements and data processing addenda, for a software-as-a-service (“SaaS”) company. You will also work on a variety of other legal issues, including privacy, employment, and intellectual property matters.
WHO YOU ARE
- 2-4 years of contract negotiation and/or commercial law experience required
- Tech industry and/or in-house experience supporting sales teams preferred
- Excellent negotiation, drafting, analytical, and communication skills
- Comfort with topics such as data privacy, information security, and corporate law
- Sound judgment to interpret complicated matters and work with key stakeholders towards resolution
- Law degree and authorized to practice law in New York
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
Braze is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and making our organization a place for all individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, age, sex and gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, familial status, disability status, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected class. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are selected to interview, to request an accommodation either as part of the interview process or during your potential employment with Braze, please let your recruiter know and a member of our People Relations team will follow up with you.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.