IEX is looking for a talented commercial lawyer to join its legal team. In this role, you will collaborate directly with various stakeholders to draft and negotiate complex commercial agreements to achieve business objectives for new business lines and IEX’s core exchange business. The role requires excellent communication skills, meticulous attention to detail, and an appetite for fast-paced work in a teamwork-oriented startup environment. If you’re looking to join a company that sets new standards by raising the bar for performance, fairness, and transparency, please apply!
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple complex projects with competing deadlines
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, deadline driven atmosphere
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to develop effective working relationships across the organization
- Strong analytical, drafting and negotiating skills
What you’ll do:
- Act as key resource and primary point of contact for IEX business teams needing legal assistance with commercial agreements
- Draft, review and negotiate various agreements, including customer agreements, vendor agreements, and non-disclosure agreements
- Handle legal work for complex agreements and other strategic transactions
- Handle other legal projects as may be periodically assigned in a confidential and sensitive manner
- 2+ years of experience as a practicing attorney in law firm or in-house legal department
- Law degree (JD) from accredited law school
- NY Bar membership required
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Familiarity with intellectual property, software license agreements and privacy matters, a plus
Here at IEX, we are dedicated to an inclusive workplace and culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy not only complies with all applicable laws and protects workers' rights but is vital to IEX’s overall mission and values.