Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
Please be advised that the safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such we will not require our teams to return to the offices until Labor Day 2021. Click here to read more about the decision.
Your Impact on Our Mission:
As a Data & Product Counsel, you will be a key advisor to Zocdoc’s product, engineering and marketing teams, providing legal insight on issues including but not limited to: data security and privacy, marketing and advertising compliance, and health regulatory compliance. You’ll work collaboratively, with autonomy, and help manage multiple high priority, high value projects alongside passionate and mission driven Zocdoc’rs. Most of all, you’ll play a role in helping launch amazing product experiences that give power back to the patient!
You’ll Enjoy This Role if You…
- Have experience advising product, engineering and marketing teams in tech or health-tech companies or startups
- Have great project management skills, and operate well autonomously
- Are highly motivated, efficient, and organized; able to juggle multiple projects at a time in a fast paced environment
- Have the ability to build relationships and comfortably interact with people across levels, functions and teams
Your Day to Day Is…
- Working closely with product, engineering, and marketing teams to provide counseling and guidance on products, features, and initiatives
- Contributing to product and marketing release preparation by identifying and driving resolution of issues related to marketing and advertising compliance, intellectual property, consumer protection, health regulatory compliance, privacy, data rights, data security and other legal and regulatory issues while balancing business objectives
- Understanding the strategic initiatives, product roadmap and release cycles of product features and functions
- Working cross-functionally across stakeholders, including Product, Engineering, Sales/CS, Marketing, Finance, and Business Development to develop and deliver advice
- Collaborating with legal team members to improve processes and ensure satisfaction of business demands.
- Keeping current on relevant industry standards, laws, and regulations.
- Communicate complex legal issues and risks to senior management and Executives coherently, succinctly, and with impact.
- Manage outside legal counsel on various matters and efficiently use external resources based on need, expertise and capacity.
You’d be Successful in This Role if You Have…
- A minimum of 6 years legal experience; ideally at least 2 years of in-house experience advising product teams at a consumer-facing digital application company
- Experience with laws and regulations controlling marketing and advertising, intellectual property, consumer protection, and privacy and data protection, including HIPAA, CCPA and state privacy laws
- Experience with Health regulatory compliance (Stark, anti-kickback and referral laws and regulations, fee splitting laws and regulations) preferred
- Experience reviewing and advising on the development of external facing marketing and user content and user experiences
- Passion for working with, and advocating for diverse and inclusive teams
- An outstanding academic background, a J.D. degree and membership in at least one state bar (preferably NY). CIPP certification is a plus!
- Strong analytic abilities and clear and concise written and oral communication skills. Attention to detail is a must
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks (when back in office)
- Parental leave
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.