Director of Contract Manufacturing
Greater NYC Area
Freshly is a fast-growing, food-tech startup and the largest fresh-prepared-meal delivery service in the country. It’s our mission to make eating healthy easy (for all kinds of people with all kinds of different needs) by delivering fresh, nutritious, fully cooked meals directly to customers. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. This is your chance at being part of history and future success.
We are looking to hire a Director of Contract Manufacturing. You will be responsible for sourcing co-pack production capacity for Freshly and for ensuring the best value to Freshly concerning cost, quality and service provided by the Contract Manufacturer. Other responsibilities include negotiating and resolving disputes with contract manufacturers. This position is expected to play a role in driving plan adherence, schedule adherence and performing data maintenance.
Specific responsibilities include coordinating and scheduling the production of Freshly products by generating and evaluating reports to determine the amount of finished product needed to meet a production plan; monitoring finished goods inventory; working with co-packers to determine weekly WIP needs; working with Production Scheduling to supply the WIP - working with each co-packer to understand their available capacity, line process detail, and troubleshoot production line layouts for efficiencies and quality concerns. Other responsibilities include direct communication with many Freshly departments including, but not limited to Quality Assurance, Purchasing, Commercialization, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Inventory Control, Credit, and Legal and other duties as requested by manager.
- Networking and Sourcing of Contract Operations
- Partner with business teams to identify new product/new packaging priorities that can be supported through outsourcing
- Identify and maintain a list of potential co-manufacturing/sourcing resources/vendors on a regional and capabilities basis
- Evaluate P&L/economic attractiveness of various co-manufacturers/co-packers, including contractual stipulations, and recommend the highest return alternatives for successful implementation of the different projects
- Execution and Ongoing Management of Contract Operations
- Drive new product commercialization from concept through implementation across the supply chain for a successful startup.
- Evaluate capabilities versus needs, leveraging internal resources including Operations, QA, PD, Packaging and Engineering
- Ensure that quality of the products is maintained. Partner with quality to perform and follow up on annual co man site audits
- Education: Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience: 10 years’ work experience. 4 (+) years of production planning, supply chain or other relevant experience. Plant experience preferred.
- Communication Skills: Requires both strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer Skills: Requires strong desktop computer skills (such as Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint) and the ability to learn new software.
- Special Skills: Ability to independently prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects; detail oriented, dependable, people oriented and highly organized; analytical with strategic thinking skills; ability to motivate and inspire cooperation both inside and outside the company; have an energetic interest in learning and in growing with the position; ability to network with Freshly Sales and Marketing Associates; able to work across divisions to deliver timely production solutions under pressure.
Freshly is a weekly subscription service delivering healthy and fully prepared meals directly to a customer’s doorstep. The rotating weekly menu offers 30 different flavorful preparations and combinations that are chef-made with the highest quality, 100% all natural ingredients that meet industry leading standards. Each deliciously healthy meal is packed with key nutrients and cooked fresh to order with no artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, refined sugars, artificial preservatives or hydrogenated oils.
In addition to providing free shipping, Freshly uses advanced eco-friendly packaging technology to ensure that meals maintain freshness in transit. Freshly makes embracing a healthier lifestyle deliciously simple, one box at a time. For more information, visit www.freshly.com.
Here’s some chatter about us:
WSJ - Nestle Buys Stake in Freshly, Putting Healthy Food On The Menu
Fortune - Nestle Leads $77M Funding Round In Meal-Delivery Startup Freshly
Techcrunch - Nestlé leads $77M Round For Healthy Meal Startup Freshly
WSJ - Freshly Hires It's New CMO From Spotify - Mayur Gupta
We pride ourselves on our fast-paced and fun environment and above all value transparency, communication, and collaboration. We are always learning, growing, and taking risks – if this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, we’d love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description