Director of Legal at Healthify
We’re looking for a Director of Legal to lead our legal, risk, and regulatory management functions. You should apply if you’re eager to balance the needs of a rapidly growing startup with those of the healthcare industry. We're excited about meeting candidates of all backgrounds who are passionate about our mission to build a world where no one’s health is hindered by their need.
At Healthify we're rethinking how healthcare organizations and communities work together to connect struggling populations to social services.
Our founding team of technologists and social workers came from a background of working with vulnerable patients in Baltimore hospitals. They saw how social needs - like access to food and housing - dramatically impacted healthcare outcomes and costs and were moved to create Healthify with the mission of building a world where no one’s health is hindered by their need. Our products are now used by some of the country’s largest healthcare organizations
Since our founding, we’ve been backed by impact investors and VCs - from Kapor Capital to Primary Venture Partners - and we’ve built a team that’s both diverse and mission-driven. We enjoy meeting people who share in our commitment to cultivating a thoughtful and safe work environment, and who are results focused. People from marginalized and underrepresented communities are encouraged to get in touch!
The Director of Legal will:
- Report to the Chief Operating Officer
- Draft commercial, licensing, and data sharing agreements
- Manage the contract administration process across all stakeholders
- Maintain contract templates, corporate policies, and training programs
- Identify risks and provide strategic legal and business advice
- Ensure the company complies with all relevant laws & regulation
- Oversee risk management frameworks, including maintaining our HITRUST certification
- J.D degree from an accredited law school
- Licensed to practice law in New York, or another U.S. state
- 10+ years of general corporate experience at a national law firm, in-house, and/or federal regulatory agency
- 5+ years of experience in healthcare technology
- Experience managing external contractor relationships
- Experience leading negotiations with customers and vendors
- Excited by the challenges that come along with building a high-growth business
...and the following would be nice:
- Experience at an high-growth, early-stage healthcare technology company
- Experience building and managing a team of compliance and legal experts
Together, we live into our Core Values
- We lead with empathy: We believe in kindness, empathy, assuming good intentions and finding mutual understanding from our teammates, customers, and users.
- We lean into vulnerability: We're not afraid to ask for help or give and receive feedback. We build off our failures and don’t shy away from tough conversations.
- We rise above the status quo: We hold our work to a high standard. We continuously learn and improve so that we can develop excellent products for the people and communities we serve
- We match grit with wit: We love a challenge and the opportunity to get creative and solve interesting problems
...and to further support them, we offer
- Unlimited Vacation
- A comprehensive tech set up
- $500 one time equipment budget with refreshes
- $1000 annual continuous learning budget
- Pretax MetroCard options
- Zero cost gym reimbursement options
- Free memberships to ClassPass & CitiBike
- Access to an FSA
- 401k with 4% matching
- 100% covered Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
- Inclusive Parental leave
- Flexible work schedule with work-from-home options
- Twice weekly team lunches
- A commitment to diversity & inclusion
- Code of conduct with reporting procedures
Healthify does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.