Employment Counsel at Peloton
Peloton is looking for an employment attorney with 5+ years of experience to join our growing Global Employment Law team. As Employment Counsel, you will join a team of attorneys dedicated to supporting the legal needs of our People (HR) team and other internal clients across all locations and departments on a wide variety of matters that arise within our workforce. This particular role will be dedicated to supporting the Manufacturing and Supply Chain functions, and will be based out of our NYC HQ. As part of a fast-growing public company, you will help us shape the company’s culture and grow responsibly as we continue to scale our workforce up in retail, warehouse, studio, and office locations across the world.
- Advise the People Business Partners supporting our Manufacturing and Supply Chain functions on a broad spectrum of employment law matters, including employee relations, discipline and performance management, leaves of absence and accommodation, and wage and hour issues.
- Be the primary legal support to the Total Rewards and People Support teams, including advising on leaves and accommodations, compensation, payroll and benefits, FLSA classification, and HR compliance issues.
- Draft and revise employment policies and process guides.
- Track and update the Global Employment Law team and relevant internal clients on changes to employment laws and regulations affecting our workforce and assist in implementing compliance with same.
- Collaborate with other attorneys on the team with respect to advice and counseling provided to the People Team and other cross-functional partners.
- Keep current on developments in employment law and evolving best practices; maintain strong relationships with cross-functional stakeholders to provide training and updates as needed.
- Assist in managing outside counsel on litigation matters.
- 5+ years’ experience at a law firm employment practice or in-house role; corporate secondment or in-house experience strongly preferred.
- Significant employment law counseling experience, and strong knowledge of all aspects of employment law, including leave and accommodations laws, wage and hour and FLSA exemption issues, matters relating to discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, and workplace investigations.
- Experience advising on issues unique to a manufacturing and/or primarily hourly workforce.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to simplify complicated legal concepts into “plain English” for your business partners.
- Strong business acumen and a creative problem solver.
- Must be an independent and strategic thinker who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large) and willing to take on additional responsibilities.
- Superb organizational skills.
- Enjoy working in a fast-growing, disruptive business.
- Member in good standing of the NY Bar.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.