Employment Counsel at CLEAR
CLEAR transforms what is uniquely you – your fingerprints, your face, your eyes – into a secure, biometric key to frictionless experiences. We are creating a world where travel is effortless, where accessing your office building is as simple as walking in, and where shopping is as easy as walking in and out of a store—without ever once showing an ID or credit card. CLEAR currently powers secure, frictionless customer experiences in nearly 40 U.S. airports and venues. With over 3 million members so far, CLEAR is the identity platform of the future, today.
The Employment Counsel position at CLEAR will be responsible for all functions related to employment law for both our national HQ and our field operations team of more than 1,300 employees. This position will report directly to and work closely with our General Counsel. You will have the opportunity to set a vision and the chance to execute on it. This position will be based at our NYC Headquarters.
What You Will Do:
- Set a vision for CLEAR’s employment law function, collaborating with our HR team and leadership team to advise on the full range of employment law issues.
- Advise and lend expertise on hiring, performance management, compliance, benefits, and, if necessary, investigations.
- Proactively identify, investigate, and resolve employee relations matters to help make CLEAR an excellent place to work and an employer of choice.
- Service as trusted advisor to leadership team to develop proactive strategies that address any trends/root causes identified by employee relations metrics.
- Develop and implement HR policies, practices, and procedures. Ensure adherence to company policies and compliance with current and pending legal regulations. Including field visits.
- Contribute to employee benefits and compensation programs.
- Manage any potential litigation relating to HR.
Who You Are:
- You have focused your career on employment law because you are passionate about it.
- You enjoy working directly with non-lawyers to minimize and resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- You want responsibility and autonomy to solve problems.
- You have a proven track record of providing proactive, pragmatic legal counseling to business partners.
- You have sound judgment; you know how to resolve complicated matters while maintaining integrity and confidentiality.
- You have superior knowledge and understanding of local, state and federal employment laws and can manage any legal issues that arise.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to facilitate collaborative solutions.
- 6-8 years of experience at a law firm or in house
- Strong personal credibility with ability to build trusted relationships with senior business leaders and frontline team members alike