Peloton is looking for a self-motivated, dynamic employment attorney with 6+ years of experience at a top law firm or in-house practice to join our growing Employment Law team. As Employment Counsel, you will report to Peloton’s Senior Employment Counsel and assist in supporting the legal needs of our People (HR) team and other internal clients across all locations and departments on a wide variety of matters that arise within our workforce. As part of a growing Employment Law team, you will help us shape the company’s culture and grow responsibly as we continue to scale our workforce up from the roughly 3,500 employees today in retail, warehouse, studio, and office locations across the world.
- Advise the People team and managers of other business lines on a broad spectrum of employment law matters, including employee relations, performance management, leaves of absence and accommodation, wage and hour issues, and internal investigations.
- Assist and advise the People team on internal investigations.
- Draft and maintain template documents and procedures for employment matters that arise anywhere in the world where Peloton has employees (e.g., performance improvement plans, disciplinary and investigation procedures, employee handbooks); assist with internal investigations as needed.
- Draft and manage employment-related contracts (e.g., talent and employment agreements, separation agreements, recruiter agreements, employee management platforms).
- Assist with employment diligence in connection with potential business acquisitions, and support post-acquisition integration activities for completed transactions.
- Keep current on developments in employment law and evolving best practices; maintain strong relationships with cross-functional stakeholders to provide training and updates as needed.
- Assist in managing outside counsel on employment matters, including local counsel in non-US jurisdictions, to handle employment and immigration issues across our offices.
- 6+ years’ experience at a top law firm employment practice or in-house role; corporate secondment or in-house experience strongly preferred.
- Significant employment law counseling experience, and strong knowledge of all aspects of employment law, including leave and accommodations laws, wage and hour and FLSA exemption issues, matters relating to discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, and workplace investigations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to simplify complicated legal concepts into “plain English” for your business partners.
- Strong business acumen and a creative problem solver.
- Must be an independent and strategic thinker who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large) and willing to take on additional responsibilities.
- Superb organizational skills.
- Enjoy working in a fast-growing, disruptive business.
- Experience in supporting a broad and varied employee base.
- Member in good standing of the NY, CA, or TX Bar.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.