Employment Paralegal at Talkspace
Our mission at Talkspace is to make therapy affordable and accessible to everyone. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Want to help over one million people feel better? Come join our team!
We are looking for an experienced Paralegal to join Talkspace! This role is will work to support most of the daily functions for our G&A Team, reporting directly into our General Counsel. We are looking for someone who wants bring their talents into a “for purpose” space- to work at Talkspace, you need to be as passionate as we are about our work, and excited to partner with us to achieve our mission of bringing quality mental healthcare to all.
What You'll Do
- Review incoming material and determine the need for assembly and preparation of a variety of legal documents, e.g., complaints, motions, orders, answers, pleadings, and subpoenas
- Organizes, analyzes, and summarizes results of research gathered from various sources
- Assisting in the preparation and reviewing of discovery requests and responses; coordinating and managing document receipt and production.
- Review, and negotiate contracts, researching laws and regulations for various jurisdictions
- Assist internal legal counsel with various operational matters handled by the US legal group such as contract review & drafting, legal research and policy drafting and implementation
- Monitor changes to government guidelines or regulations and submit reports on pertinent changes
- Track contract execution and follow up with internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare standard agreements using templates (Non-Disclosure Agreements, Consulting Agreements, Statements of Work, etc.)
- Play a central role in the improvement of business processes
- Additional duties as assigned
- BA/BS degree and a Paralegal Certification
- 4+ years experience working as a paralegal
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- proficient in Microsoft Excel
Talkspace is a clinical quality led tele-behavioral healthcare company, focused on making quality behavioral health accessible and affordable to millions in need. Its signature psychotherapy and psychiatry product connects individual users with a network of thousands of licensed mental health providers through an easy-to-use and HIPAA-compliant web and mobile platform. With Talkspace, users can send their dedicated providers unlimited text, video, picture and audio messages from anywhere, at any time. Talkspace also provides psychiatry services and prescription fulfillment, adolescent therapy and couples counseling.
Our focus to help people feel better starts at Talkspace, where we connect and collaborate as a team to make the world a better place. Fun company-wide events, happy hours, wellness perks, flex PTO, access to Talkspace products, and competitive benefits are just some of the ways we make Talkspace a great place to work. Do you want to save the world? Come join us!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Talkspace welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds, perspectives, and walks of life to foster an innovative and diverse workforce. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet every qualification, if you believe you could make a great addition to this team. Come as you are and learn about the exciting opportunities on our team.
Individuals seeking employment at Talkspace are considered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.