Quovo is looking for a smart, collaborative, business-minded attorney for a very hands-on role leading the legal function for our business. Reporting directly to the CEO and collaborating heavily with all senior management, the General Counsel will work across the organization providing legal advice on a broad range of topics, drafting and reviewing all key agreements, and managing outside counsel as necessary. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of enterprise sales contracts, as well as familiarity with common topics related to financial technology and startup organizations.
- Prepare and review commercial contracts, partnership agreements, and other documents for day-to-day business transactions
- Negotiate on Quovo’s behalf with counterparty counsel on business and other matters
- Advise on corporate governance, securities matters, IP, employment, privacy, and data security (the latter in collaboration with our CISO and information security team)
- Manage the compliance & risk management function for the organization
- Ensure that the company is in compliance with all current business process laws
- Interface with and manage multiple outside law firms
- J.D. degree from a top-tier law school and licensed to practice law in New York, or the ability to apply for New York's in-house counsel exemption
- Minimum 7 years of professional legal experience. Experience with venture-backed companies a plus but not required
- Willingness to roll-up your sleeves and work independently to get things done
About Us: Quovo is the leading provider of account aggregation and data analytics technology for finance. Hundreds of financial institutions, advisors, and fintech companies utilize Quovo technology as the foundation for their service offerings, aggregating and integrating millions of daily transactions. Our office is located in the heart of Manhattan and we offer a full range of benefits including health, vision, dental, 401(k), and commuter benefits.