- Provide legal and strategic counsel to the leadership team and organization on corporate, commercial, and regulatory issues that arise from the day-to-day operations of a growing, complex organization operating in a heavily regulated environment
- Support the leadership team in a wide variety of strategic, risk-based alliances and business development activities across all Cityblock markets and in the corporate headquarters, including drafting, editing, and negotiating risk-bearing provider contracts
- Serve as a critical thought partner with the leadership team by translating complex legal topics into relevant, insightful explanations that inform strategic and operational decisions
- Advise on health care regulatory compliance and manage licensing and regulatory filings related to operating a risk-bearing physician group
- Drive design of strategic and/or operational initiatives to satisfy regulatory concerns and/or comply with related requirements
- Review, draft, and negotiate commercial agreements, including NDAs, LOIs, BAAs, vendor, and real estate agreements
- Manage employment contracts and employment legal matters
- Establish a rapport and working relationships with business managers in order
to encourage and continue the proactive use of in-house legal counsel
- Resolve business disputes, and if necessary, manage litigation
- Act as an internal subject matter expert on all relevant federal and state regulations that impact the business, including accountability for ensuring adherence to all such rules
- Provide oversight for all compliance and compliance-related activities across the organization
- Act as an internal subject matter expert on legal and capital structure of organization
- A JD degree (required)
- 10+ years of work experience; preferred if it is primarily in a multi-site, tech-enabled
healthcare delivery or services organization
- Prior experience in an externally facing capacity; significant contracting experience with vendors, payers, provider groups, etc.
- Well-versed with government regulations related to serving as a provider that enters into risk-based contract with Medicaid managed care and Medicare Advantage (duals) health plans
- Track record of success in roles of increasing responsibility for highly complex
business through periods of rapid scale and/or extreme transformation
- Expertise overseeing health plan or risk-bearing pro formas and experience
contracting with health plans; demonstrated understanding of different reimbursement models, including bundled payments, capitation, and quality incentives
- Proven success in a startup environment: rigorous, energetic, agile, and flexible
- Radical candor and comfortability working within an often ambiguous, high growth environment
- Exceptional management and communication skills that are conducive
to an environment where issues are identified and resolved
- Executive-level presence with the ability to establish relationships with key influencers and decision-makers
- Mission driven to serve in a leadership capacity within an organization dedicated to bringing novel care delivery models to underserved populations
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile.
- A 1-2 paragraph response indicating why this job is compelling to you.
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.