Join the Ocrolus rocket ship!
Ocrolus is the leading intelligent automation platform that helps customers make faster and more accurate decisions. Ocrolus transforms documents into digital data and analytics within minutes. That’s why partners like PayPal, Plaid, and Square work with us. Ocrolus has raised over $100 million in venture capital, backed by Oak HC/FT, FinTech Collective, Bullpen Capital, and QED Investors, among others. Business Insider recognized Ocrolus for Best Company Culture and Best Company CEO, as voted on by employees via Comparably.
Who You Are:
You are an experienced and curious legal leader, able to adapt quickly to new domains and to balance a wide range of priorities in a fast-paced environment. You are business-minded, and make it your mission to allow businesses to move quickly to achieve their goals, while appropriately managing risk. You’re excited to build a strategy across regulatory, risk, and compliance functions to help Ocrolus achieve its mission. You are able to lead a high-quality team to the next level and quickly synthesize domain-specific information for decisions.
This role will engage proactively with the rest of the company, including the Sales, Operations, Compliance, People, Product, Engineering, and Finance teams to advance the company’s mission.
- Work as part of the leadership team to achieve key business objectives and assist in developing compelling product and service offerings that meet all relevant legal and regulatory requirements
- Think through and provide guidance through complex concepts and tackle them in an organized and efficient manner
- Participate in product and cross-functional initiative developments throughout Ocrolus
- Liaise with outside counsel to improve efficient communications and maximize value
- Draft, negotiate, and examine agreements, such as strategic partnership opportunities, vendor contracts, and supplier agreements
- A JD from a top law school with the ability to practice law in NY
- Equivalent of 10+ years experience at a top law firm or in-house, or a combination of both (start-up experience, especially in fintech, or Saas organization a plus)
- Exceptional judgment and ability to act decisively and with discretion in situations requiring quick but thorough analysis and decision-making
- An entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work across functions
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and able to turn work around very quickly, as needed
Life at Ocrolus
Come build the future of fintech with us. At Ocrolus, you will work with extraordinary people and receive benefits and development opportunities to empower you in and out of the office.
Ocrolus employees enjoy flexible working hours, unlimited PTO, Appreciation holidays (last Friday of the month off), an inclusive work environment (D&I Council), and monthly wellness reimbursement for physical and mental well-being.
We take pride in our dynamic, diverse team, unified by shared values of Ownership, Optimism, Objectivity, Humility, Urgency, and Appreciation. We love what we do and the people we do it with, which is why we welcome every individual, provide them with equal opportunity irrespective of their race, gender, gender identity, age, disability, national origin or any other legally protected rights that one has.
Launch your own Ocrolus experience today!
We look forward to hearing from you!