Who We Are:
Ocrolus is a fintech infrastructure company that transforms documents into actionable data. Powered by Artificial Intelligence and a unique human-in-the-loop data validation process, Ocrolus plugs directly into customer workflows via API, eliminating the need for manual data work. The solution includes built-in fraud detection and analytics, enabling customers to make smarter and faster business decisions with unprecedented precision.
Use-cases include loan underwriting, account openings, invoice processing, and other document-intensive processes. Ocrolus has raised over $30 million in venture capital, backed by Oak HC/FT, FinTech Collective, Bullpen Capital, and QED Investors, among others.
Who You Are:
You are an experienced and curious legal leader, able to adapt quickly to new domains and to balance a wide range of priorities in a fast-paced environment. You are business-minded, and make it your mission to allow businesses to move quickly to achieve their goals, while appropriately managing risk. You’re excited to build a strategy across regulatory, risk, and compliance functions to help Ocrolus achieve its mission. You are able to lead a high-quality team to the next level and quickly synthesize domain-specific information for decisions.
This role will engage proactively with the rest of the company, including the Sales, Operations, Compliance, People, Product, Engineering, and Finance teams to advance the company’s mission.
- Work as part of the leadership team to achieve key business objectives and assist in developing compelling product and service offerings that meet all relevant legal and regulatory requirements
- Think through and provide guidance through complex concepts and tackle them in an organized and efficient manner
- Participate in product and cross-functional initiative developments throughout Ocrolus
- Liaise with outside counsel to improve efficient communications and maximize value
- Draft, negotiate, and examine agreements, such as strategic partnership opportunities, vendor contracts, and supplier agreements
- A JD from a top law school with the ability to practice law in NY
- Equivalent of 10+ years experience at a top law firm or in-house, or a combination of both (start-up experience, especially in fintech, or Saas organization a plus)
- Exceptional judgment and ability to act decisively and with discretion in situations requiring quick but thorough analysis and decision-making
- An entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work across functions
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and able to turn work around very quickly, as needed
We’re a young and rapidly growing FinTech company - if you have ever wanted to jump on a rocket ship as it’s taking off, now is your chance!
Read Full Job Description