General Counsel at Redesign Health
HealthQuarters is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer – we recruit, train, compensate and promote our team members based on qualifications. We know how important it is not only to include, but to actively seek out a diversity of opinions and voices. We want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Who is HealthQuarters?
HealthQuarters, your new Health HQ, is a holistic health experience company that unites medical care and wellness services within one elevated space, experience, and brand. In prime retail locations, HealthQuarters provides guests with a curated combination of services and brands and a new level of guest experience and personalized, empathetic care. HealthQuarters is backed by Redesign Health, a healthcare innovation platform that incubates, funds, and launches businesses that elevate the patient experience and empower people to live their healthiest lives.
About the Role
We are looking for a business-minded, strategic, and action-oriented General Counsel to be a member of the HealthQuarters leadership team while also taking full responsibility for the legal function of the organization and providing hands-on support to all levels of the team. You will have the opportunity to research and lead legal issues that are key to the growth of our business as well as develop solutions. Additionally, you will work cross-functionally with finance, operations and development to drive implementation. This role involves both strategic leadership as well as work in the trenches to get things done. You will work out of our NY city office and will report to the CEO.Key Responsibilities:
- Work with team to build company’s legal strategy and risk framework
- Lead the negotiations and drafting of a wide range of contracts, including real estate, vendor, partnership, sales and all other third party contracts.
- Oversee and manage all organizational compliance obligations, including policies and documents as it relates to company obligations, employee safety and consumer protection, and compliance with corporate governance while serving as Board liaison, and establishing the prudence of defending lawsuits.
- Advise executive, senior management and Board on various matters such as legal rights, and new and existing laws.
- Develop and refine marketing compliance guidelines and review marketing materials.
- Act as Privacy Officer, and advise on HIPAA and CCPA compliance.
- Manage copyrights, trademarks, statutory filings such as licensing forms, and preserve business records such as meeting minutes and resolutions.
- Maintain knowledge of organization’s operations and legal documents.
- Liaise with outside counsel regarding their assignments.
- Create new entities and manage the organization's intellectual property.
- Juris Doctor degree from accredited law school.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 4+ years practice with an established law firm.
- Experience in fundraising, venture capital financing and M&A.
- Strong background with real estate contracts.
- Medical/Healthcare industry helpful but not required.
- Knowledge of statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to businesses.
- Proficient understanding of business sensitivities and confidentiality.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of applicable laws and regulations.
- Team player with outstanding advocacy and people skills.
- Extremely competitive comprehensive benefits (medical, dental and vision plans available)
- Health & fitness discount program
- Flexible and generous time off
- Pre-tax savings plans for public transportation and parking expenses
- Regular company lunches & events