At GoGuardian, we're helping share the future of digital learning by providing educators, students, and schools with tools to create engaging and equitable learning environments. Together, we build innovative solutions to empower students, deliver insights, and encourage experimentation. With employees around the globe, we're committed to building a culture of inclusivity, curiosity, and courage. GoGuardian's growth is fast and ever-evolving, and our teams are growing along with it - always ready to experiment and learn.
We're here for the cause, but also for the culture. We celebrate our successes and wins together, and make time to appreciate our teammates every day. Take a peek into your future at GoGuardian: our Slack channels include #gardenclub, #boardgametime, #bookrecs, and #petphotos. There's always something fun going on, including concerts, classes, book clubs, and more! From virtual trivia to local meet-ups, Guardians are always finding ways to connect.
This role will lead the team supporting internal business partners and assisting on a broad variety of transactional matters in a growing technology company in the education space. We seek an individual with in leadership and commercial contracts relevant to a technology company. This individual should be adaptable to a quickly-changing and fast-paced environment.
What You'll Do
- Being a key leader of the legal team's efforts in the preparation, implementation and refinement of training, forms, processes and procedures as GoGuardian scales.
- Efficiently and appropriately negotiating agreements related to a broad range of initiatives and draft and negotiate a broad range of type agreements (including Master Services agreements, terms of service, services agreements, collaboration agreements, integration agreements, and other SaaS agreements, requests for proposals) supporting GoGuardian's business teams, with a primary focus of supporting the licensing of GoGuardian's products and services to its K-12 school customers (including RFPs) and licensing software of vendors. These agreements could be with K-12 customers, vendors, integrations, resellers and distributors, and content providers.
- Ensuring contract terms and conditions across team members are consistent with internal policies and goals
- Maintaining knowledge of applicable laws, regulations and industry guidance that impact GoGuardian's agreements and business practices, including the government bidding process and some children's privacy and security.
- Working cross-functionally with business and legal colleagues to support the business.
Who You Are
- 8+ years of experience in a law firm and/or technology company
- J.D. from a well-regarded law school and active good standing with at least one state bar
- Prior experience supporting a heavy volume of commercial transactions relevant to a technology company across various business functions in a fast-paced environment
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Independent, self-starter who operates autonomously while being a collaborative team player
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to simultaneously manage several projects
- Clear, collaborative, and effective communication with business teams, especially sellers.
- Familiarity with privacy and security (especially child and/or student privacy) and security is a plus
- Familiarity with contracting with K-12 public schools, local governments, and/or state governments is a plus but not required
What We Offer
- A varied and challenging role in a multinational and highly innovative company
- A robust benefits package including health insurance, 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match, employee stock option plan, paid parental leave, 13 paid company holidays, and much more
- Development and further training opportunities for shaping and realizing your career goals
- Exceptional colleagues with a passion for EdTech
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.