Head of Compliance
The compliance function at Bread affects every aspect of our financial technology business. The Head of Compliance will be responsible for continuing to build out a compliance infrastructure that can support a rapidly growing business and for implementing processes that are scalable and effective.
Our ideal candidate can proactively spot issues, think creatively of solutions, and push for change when needed.
What you will do:
- Continue to build out our compliance program using scalable first, second, and third lines of defense.
- Design and implement preventive and detective controls across the company including with the product, credit, finance, sales, operations, success, and engineering teams to ensure that each aspect of the business continues to be compliant with regulations and internal policies and procedures.
- Work with our external stakeholders such as auditors and our bank partner to ensure continued compliance with banking and consumer finance laws.
- Stay up to date on compliance solutions in the financial technology space and build an in depth knowledge of the technology we use.
- Review and revise our policies, procedures and processes on an ongoing basis.
- 7+ years of compliance experience in the financial services industry.
- Experience operationalizing compliance solutions.
- Proven track record of building relationships with business stakeholders.
- The desire and ability to learn and adapt quickly in a high growth environment.
- Demonstrable interest in technology and finance.
- Top-notch academic credentials (but law degree degree not required).
Nice to haves:
- Experience at a consumer finance company or similar department at a bank.
- Some working knowledge of how to build compliance solutions using technology.
- Experience working with regulators.
- Experience in an operations role.