Head of Regulatory Affairs
Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Compliance
Compliance at Gemini are a team dedicated to managing the next generation of financial crime in a complex and evolving regulatory environment. We are a diverse group of technology, legal, and operational professionals who develop new approaches to solving classic problems using cutting edge tools and processes.
The Regulatory Officer will act as the central point of contact for all regulatory queries for Gemini. In this role, you will manage visits from regulators by organizing agendas, contributing at meetings, and ensuring consistency of message on cross-functional issues. You will exercise your industry expertise and influence skills to assist the Chief Compliance Officer to deal with regulatory inspections, meetings, queries and reporting requirements.
- Answer regulators ad-hoc queries about Gemini’s businesses and products,
- Understand the regulatory risks of the products offered by and business activities of Gemini; analyze and evaluate new products to determine compliance with established rules and regulations.
- Ensure compliance of existing risk processes which includes providing advice on how to amend risk models or processes to comply with specific local regulations, highlighting potential regulatory issues.
- Produce management information and facilitate reporting to senior management to ensure that all regulatory issues are identified and addressed appropriately.
- Coordinate the response to subpoenas and other law enforcement requests made of Gemini; serve as the escalation point for customer complaints, ensuring that Gemini’s response to customers and regulators are accurate and complete..
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Risk Management or related field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 7-10 years of regulatory coordinator or officer experience in the financial services industry with specific experience with the NYDFS
- A blend of BOTH government regulatory experience AND corporate experience in which work with regulators was a key component (e.g. experience with FINRA, SEC, CFTC and other financial regulators)
- Experience managing and executing regulatory inspections and meetings
- Good communication skills; teamwork oriented
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.