Head of Regulatory Affairs at Harry's Inc.
About the Team
The Harry's, Inc. Quality Team is responsible for the quality and regulation of products for all brands and our many store brand partners. The Quality Team supports a key strategic goal of the company – to continue to provide high-quality products to customers and retailers all over the world. In addition, the team is responsible for commercialization of all products.
About the Role
The Head of Regulatory will lead the regulatory lane for Harry’s, Flamingo, Headquarters, and future brands globally. You will play a critical role in protecting the brands through balanced compliance and strong advocacy, from securing regulations to interpreting the impact on our industry.
What you will accomplish:
- Own Regulatory function globally for all brands. Manage region contractors. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to FDA, TSCA, Prop 65, CARB, Health Canada, and REACH.
- Provide review, comments and approval of all product labels/labeling for Region, Country and local regulatory compliance.
- Provide review, comments and approval of all product claims for technical accuracy and regulatory compliance.
- Offer alternative solutions and risk levels with business consequences as needed
- Review raw material compositions and conformity of ingredients depending on product type/usage to relay back to Global counterparts
- Review ingredient lists for compliance.
- Prepare, maintain and submit:
- Drug product listing registration and establishment docs
- Product claim substantiation letters
- Interact with Customer Experience on consumer product inquiries and ingredient list requests
- Prepare, submit and maintain records
- Monitor and prepare summary reports and/or presentations of all new and changing Federal and State regulations/legislation internally and with cross functional partners
- Prepare and update regulatory procedures like SOPs
- Provide searches and regulatory review of cosmetic, drug and non-cosmetics to assure up-to-date compliance with Global regulations and report out information
This should describe you:
- BS in engineering/science related discipline or demonstrated equivalent experience
- 12+ years of experience in regulatory, preferably in personal care or cosmetics. Additional experience in manufacturing a plus.
- An expert in North American regulatory with strong experience in global regulatory requirements.
- Detail and process oriented with an ability to create an atmosphere of accountability for all working partners.
- Risk tolerant and solution oriented.
- Able to articulate and defend decisions as well as communicate clearly with cross functional teams.
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- To you, there’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to Director of Quality
- Working in Global Quality
- This role will work cross functionally with Legal, R&D, Supply Chain, and Marketing.
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.