Intellectual Property Counsel
Vimeo is looking for an Intellectual Property Counsel who will play a critical role in developing Vimeo’s IP strategy. The role will be responsible for managing and building upon our existing IP portfolio, developing and implementing IP best practices, and negotiating license agreements.
What you’ll do:
- Manage our patent and trademark portfolio, and identify and prosecute new patent applications for technologies that we invent
- Draft, review, and negotiate inbound and outbound licensing agreements
- Manage our relationships with licensing bodies
- Develop and implement internal policies and best practices relating to IP protection and compliance
- Manage the assertion of our IP rights and defense of third-party IP assertions
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- Admitted to practice law in at least one state
- 4+ years of practice in IP; patent experience strongly preferred
- Prior law firm experience; some in-house experience a plus, but not required
- Proven ability to demonstrate excellent legal and business judgment
- Excellent analytical, writing, and professional communications skills
- Self starter and ability to work independently
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.