Law Enforcement Investigator
letgo's the largest and fastest growing app to buy and sell locally. With over 75M downloads and hundreds of millions of listings to date, letgo’s been named among the “Hottest Startups” by Wired and “Best Apps” by Google, and it’s the second fastest growing app in America since its 2015 launch. Business Insider calls letgo “the go-to app for selling your stuff” and it’s been featured by The New York Times, The Today Show, USA Today, The Verge, Fast Company, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune and hundreds of others worldwide. Already among the most popular apps in America, letgo’s marketplace is filled with everything from electronics and cars to clothing and furniture. Listing something on letgo is as simple as taking a photo thanks to its advanced technology. It’s the only app of its kind that can automatically title and categorize an item using artificial intelligence. Plus, users can easily browse local listings, chat instantly in the app, and view each other’s profiles, ratings and reviews.
Based in our New York and Barcelona offices, our team of over 165 represents more than 20 nationalities. Fueled by our diverse expertise, letgo’s goal is to build the largest marketplace of its kind in the world. We’re looking for people who are as passionate as we are about creating something our users love and - just as importantly - who are excited by the challenge.
The Law Enforcement Investigator will be responsible for responding to requests from law enforcement officials related to subpoenas and warrants by collecting letgo internal customer data related to official requests and responding to law enforcement via channels defined and set up by letgo. They will work directly with law enforcement on their questions and concerns and relay those, as appropriate, to the law enforcement manager. This person will help recommend solutions for faster and more efficient investigations to the product team and their direct manager. They will investigate potential criminal activity on both a pro-active and re-active basis using letgo internal data and some external or 3rd party data sources. They will help set up systems to aid in law enforcement related investigations, identify risky activity and help streamline that process.
We’re looking for someone who wants to build something huge and that people love because it makes their lives simpler:
We’ve built a company for people who want to do impactful work, surrounded by great people. We have a well-defined, mature culture — and we’re always making it better.
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams to collect and analyze data on individual cases
- Conduct investigations and present those finding to law enforcement and management
- Organize data in a secure, simple and easy to understand format
- Measure effectiveness of law enforcement investigations actions and findings and fine tune for continual improvement
- Recommend solutions and applications to aid in the investigations process
You must have:
- Fluent in speaking, reading and writing Turkish
- Fluent in speaking, reading and writing English
- BA/BS degree or 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated capacity for critical thinking and analysis; strong attention to detail
- Sound business judgment, strategic thinking and the ability to work well alone and as part of a team
- General knowledge of the law enforcement request process (warrant vs subpoena)
- Ability and experience working independently with both local and distributed teams with minimal guidance
- Deals well with ambiguity
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Office proficient
- A passion for letgo and its customers
- 100% covered medical, vision, and dental care premiums for you and your family
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Beautiful, new office in the heart of Soho and along the beach in Barcelona
- Potential opportunities to travel to - and work in - both of our offices
- Robust relocation package
- Massage therapy (Barcelona office)
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team-building activities
- Language and other courses
letgo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to letgo's values. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.