Law Enforcement Manager
letgo's the largest app to buy and sell locally. With over 75M downloads and hundreds of millions of listings added by users, letgo’s already been named among the “Hottest Startups” by Wired and “Best Apps” by Google, and it’s the second fastest growing app in America since its 2015 launch. Business Insider calls letgo “the go-to app for selling your stuff” and it’s been featured by The New York Times, The Today Show, Mashable, Fast Company, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune and hundreds of others worldwide. Listing something on letgo is as simple as taking a photo thanks to its advanced technology. It’s the only app of its kind that can automatically title and categorize an item using artificial intelligence. Users can easily browse local listings, chat instantly in the app, and view each other’s profiles, ratings and reviews.
Based in our New York and Barcelona offices, our team of over 165 represents more than 20 nationalities. Fueled by our diverse expertise, letgo’s goal is to build the largest marketplace of its kind in the world. We’re looking for people who are as passionate as we are about creating something our users love and - just as importantly - who are excited by the challenge.
The Law Enforcement Manager will be responsible for working with and interacting with law enforcement agencies and officers by promoting a sense of cooperation and willingness to do what it takes to protect our users and promote safety on the platform. This person will be responsible to develop and implement a high performing team to conduct investigations and work closely and cooperatively with law enforcement officials and other regulatory agencies, while supporting and enhancing the user experience on letgo. They will help set up systems to aid in law enforcement related investigations, identify risky activity and help streamline that process. This team manager will build and maintain relationships with law enforcement agencies and work collaboratively with other internal teams at letgo, including customer experience, legal, product and marketing.
Successful candidates for this role will have a proven track record of leadership in a constantly changing, fast-paced, start-up like environment, solid fundamental compliance and criminal investigations skills, people management and development, effective written and verbal communication, strategic thought leadership, metrics-based decision making skills and strong conflict resolution. This person should be willing and able to lead, conduct investigations, talk with law enforcement officials and set up and document best practices.
We’re looking for someone who’s ready to do this big, and do it right.
We’ve built a company for people who want to do impactful work, surrounded by great people. We have a well-defined, mature culture — and we’re always making it better.
- Start small and be scrappy building a team that scales with the needs of the business
- Hire and develop a team to conduct investigations and work closely with law enforcement officials
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams to collect and analyze data on individual cases
- Develop and maintain relationships with federal and local law enforcement
- Conduct investigations and present those finding to law enforcement and executive staff
- Measure effectiveness of law enforcement investigations actions and findings and fine tune for continual improvement
- Recommend solutions and applications to aid in the work this team is doing
- Be willing to appear in court, which may require occasional travel
To get there, you’ll need:
- BA/BS degree and/or equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years combined experience in law enforcement roles at a technology company or at a law enforcement agency
- Demonstrated capacity for critical thinking and analysis; strong attention to detail
- Sound business judgment, strategic thinking and the ability to work well alone and as part of a team
- Ability and experience working independently with both local and distributed teams with minimal guidance
- Deals well with ambiguity
- Exceptional presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for letgo and its customers
- 100% covered medical, vision, and dental care premiums for you and your family
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Beautiful, new office in the heart of Soho and along the beach in Barcelona
- Potential opportunities to travel to - and work in - both of our offices
- Robust relocation package
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team-building activities
- Language and other courses
letgo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to letgo's values. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.