Lead, Regulatory Compliance at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
The Department: Compliance
Compliance at Gemini is a team dedicated to managing the next generation of financial crime in a complex and evolving regulatory environment. We are a diverse group of technology, legal, and operational professionals who develop new approaches to solving classic problems using cutting edge tools and processes.
The Role: Lead, Regulatory Compliance
In this role, you will be responsible for key functions related to oversight of Gemini’s regulatory compliance framework, including overseeing Gemini’s reporting obligations in connection with its money transmission licenses and serving as a primary point of contact for internal and external examinations. Working alongside the Head of Program Governance and the rest of the Governance team, you will partner closely with key internal stakeholders (including C-level personnel) across Compliance, Risk, Corporate Development, Account Management, Engineering, Financial & Treasury Operations, Fraud and Operations as we work to enhance Gemini’s high standards in this groundbreaking territory.
- Oversee regulatory reporting requirements and ensure timely submissions of all required regulatory reports and licensing documents to state regulators
- Help prepare responses to inquiries from state regulators, including questions about newly developed and launched products
- Review existing laws, rules and regulations pertaining to money transmitters to identify potential gaps and implementation opportunities
- Analyze regulatory changes and create process-driven documentation
- Act as a point of contact for related audits or examinations from internal/external parties and collaborate with compliance program leads to ensure findings are appropriately remediated
- Provide compliance subject matter expertise for regulatory examinations and/or other engagements
- 8+ years of experience in the financial services industry or regulatory body in a role responsible for management of regulatory filings
- Experience with U.S. state money transmission regulations and requirements
- Experience interacting with regulatory agencies
- Demonstrated success working cross-functionally to manage complex problems from end-to-end and drive change within an organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Comfort with an ever-changing regulatory landscape and fast-paced business environment
- Experience in a role managing regulatory examinations
- JD or equivalent
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.