Legal Assistant at Oscar Health
We are changing how health insurance works. We want to create a healthcare experience that’s intuitive and puts people, not cost or workflows, first. We’re using a consumer-focused and tech-driven approach to do so. This positions us uniquely in the space - and creates one of the biggest opportunities in healthcare.
We brought together leaders from top technology, healthcare and service companies to deliver on our promise and seize this opportunity. We all work side by side in a collaborative, energetic, and creative environment. The result: better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
Oscar is seeking a smart, energetic, diligent and organized Legal Assistant to join the Legal Operations team. The Legal Assistant will be involved in the management and execution of corporate, strategic, and regulatory initiatives. In addition to working closely with Legal, the Legal Assistant will work with stakeholders across the company.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Support Oscar’s expansion efforts by playing a significant role in licensing application production process
- Assist with corporate governance material and other corporate housekeeping matters, including preparation for board and committee meetings
- Assist with managing stock option grants and other forms of stock-based compensation
- Draft and prepare corporate documentation, including board and committee meeting agendas, meeting minutes, and shareholder/board consents
- Assist Legal, Compliance, and Finance teams in compiling submission for corporate filing requirements, information requests and audits from state and federal regulators
- Ensure that an accurate database of all legal documentation across the company is maintained and updated regularly
- Manage the Legal team’s internal workflow using JIRA software
- Collaborate with Legal Operations team to support legal team initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
- Healthcare and/or regulatory experience, a plus
- Highly organized and detailed oriented with strong work ethic, follow-through skills and overall good judgment
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborative team player with simultaneous ability to work autonomously and manage competing demands and shifting priorities
- Ability to manage competing demands, shifting priorities and interests of multiple stakeholders
- Experience working in or for a tech or growth-stage company, a plus
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.