Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Legal
The Legal department at Gemini is making history, paving the way when it comes to applying the legacy of law to the future of digital assets. On this team, we tackle complex and unprecedented applications of the current legal system to the revolutionary industry of cryptocurrency and blockchain technology. At Gemini, Legal plays a critical role in guiding innovation and driving value for the business, while upholding our core tenets of security, compliance, and trust for our customers. Join us and help define the Legal Department of the Future.
The Role: Legal Assistant
An excellent legal assistant is the backbone of a successful Legal Department. In this role, you will roll up your sleeves to create and improve processes, maintain records, and conduct legal research in the unchartered territory of digital assets, cryptocurrency, and blockchain technology. Working alongside the General Counsel and the rest of the Legal team, you will partner closely with key internal stakeholders across Engineering, Product, Compliance, Finance, Business Development, and Operations as we work to solve novel legal challenges in this groundbreaking territory.
- Provide exceptional, responsive, and meticulous support to a wide variety of projects undertaken by the Legal team.
- Successfully liaise with Leadership across all of Gemini’s internal departments, ensuring the employment of legal considerations when helping to solve problems and handling inbound requests.
- Research and deliver findings in the fintech and crypto industries that will help drive innovation for implementing legal policies across regions.
- Handle corporate governance matters and manage processes, policies, and formalities associated with Gemini’s status as a regulated trust company.
- Proactively manage tasks, including drafting agreements, processing and negotiating NDAs, data entry, organizing legal documents, and responding to subpoenas for employment legal records -- all done in a timely and highly organized manner.
- Aid in the building of a nimble, impactful Legal function at Gemini
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 1 year of relevant work experience.
- Authorization to work in the United States and fluency in English.
- Ability to manage and prioritize numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and premier attention to detail.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad range of legal matters.
- Demonstrated interest in disruptive technology and desire to learn.
- Ability to be a proactive self-starter who can thrive in ambiguity.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.