Legal Assistant at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
The Department: Legal
The Legal department at Gemini is making history every day, as we apply the legacy of law to the future of digital assets. On this team, you will tackle complex and unprecedented applications of the current legal system to the revolutionary industry of cryptocurrency and blockchain technology. At Gemini, Legal plays a critical role in guiding innovation and driving value for the business, while upholding our core tenets of security, compliance, and trust for our customers. Join us and help define the Legal Department of the Future.
The Role: Legal Assistant
An excellent legal assistant is the backbone of a successful Legal Department. In this role, you will roll up your sleeves to create and improve processes, maintain records, and conduct legal research in the uncharted territory of digital assets, cryptocurrency, and blockchain technology. Working alongside the Legal Operations Manager and the rest of the Legal team, you will partner closely with key internal stakeholders across Engineering, Product, Compliance, Finance and Accounting, Business Development, Operations, Technology and Security as we work to solve novel legal challenges in this groundbreaking space.
- Provide exceptional, responsive, and meticulous support to a wide variety of projects undertaken by the Legal team.
- Successfully liaise with Leadership across all of Gemini’s internal departments, ensuring appropriate legal consideration when helping to solve problems and handling inbound requests.
- Handle corporate governance matters and manage processes, policies, and formalities associated with the Gemini group’s legal and regulatory requirements.
- Proactively manage tasks, including drafting agreements, processing and negotiating NDAs, tracking and reviewing invoices, organizing legal documents, and responding to subpoenas -- all done in a timely and highly organized manner.
- Research and deliver findings in the fintech and crypto industries that will drive innovation for implementing legal policies across regions.
- Aid in the scaling of a nimble, impactful Legal function at Gemini
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 1+ years of relevant work experience.
- Authorization to work in the United States and fluency in English.
- Ability to manage and prioritize numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and premier attention to detail.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad range of legal matters and organizational tasks.
- Demonstrated interest in disruptive technology and desire to learn.
- Ability to be a proactive self-starter who can thrive in ambiguity.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.