A LITTLE ABOUT US 🤔
From clunky apps to hidden fees, banking is broken. So we decided to build a company from the ground that would challenge the bigger players and reinvent how people interact with their money — for the better.
Traditional banks are slow and expensive. Realistically, you’re nothing but a number to them with dollar signs attached. So, one continent at a time, we plan on changing this.
OUR CULTURE 👫
To put it bluntly — it’s about getting s**t done and owning what you do. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or set up bureaucratic processes. Instead we treat our people equally, fairly and give them a ton of freedom and autonomy to create something awesome.
We make mistakes, we learn from them and we back everything up with data and logic.
In three years, we’ve grown to over 700 people and we’re adding around 30 new additions each month. From engineers to marketers, we’re on the hunt for exceptional talent to help us scale our business and get Revolut in the hands of millions of people everywhere.
WE LOOK FOR RADICALLY BETTER 🚀
When you join Revolut, it’s not just another job. You’ll have the chance to build something that really matters, with a team that will become like family to you. We’ll give you the freedom and tools to bring your absolute best, and the opportunities will be limitless.
We look for people who apply deep logic to their thinking and back everything up with data. We look for natural self-starters who see things through from start to finish, and who learn from every mistake.
We are looking for a specialist counsel to advise our U.S. Team on our wealth and trading product. The right candidate is someone who can navigate a set of complex product regulations. This position requires partnering with our legal team at our London headquarters and our business teams on the ground in (New York). There is a significant project management and operations component to this position.
This role will be based in (New York), work with the U.S. Team and report to the General Counsel at Revolut’s London headquarters.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING ✍️
• Providing internal counsel to launch the Revolut U.S. Wealth and Trading products
• Ensure that appropriate regulatory policies, procedures and controls and established, maintained and well documented
• Drive all ongoing compliance review processes, including annual meetings and necessary filings, policies and procedures
• Provide guidance and support to business partners and senior management
• Manage and coordinate any regulatory examinations, including written responses
• Assist in executing training and communication plans to ensure consistent application of compliance and ethics policies
• Analyze changes to regulatory requirements and proactively handle regulatory developments
• Review new and updated marketing materials for adequate disclosure and accuracy
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR📖
• Besides strong analytical skills, being process driven and have a methodological way of working, you need to have excellent communication skills (concise and direct) and experience of influencing a broad range of decision makers and stakeholders
• Substantive knowledge and demonstrated expertise in the U.S. securities brokerage industry and financial regulations: Securities Act of 1933, Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and related rules and regulations, including FINRA rules
• Broad knowledge and experience with AML, KYC, Financial Crime, and consumer regulations relating to self-directed retail trading
• Deep understanding of compliance and licensing is essential
• Excellent business judgment, communication and interpersonal skills
• Enthusiasm for taking on new responsibilities, even if outside areas of expertise
• Able to learn new areas of the law quickly
• Able to work in extremely fast-paced environment, collaboratively, and autonomously
• Willingness and ability to travel
• Willing to take on new challenges
• Excellent academic and law firm credentials
• Hold a current practicing certificate
• 2+ years of strong experience as a private practice lawyer dealing with financial services at a top law firm (and preferably) some in-house experience as well
• You should have experience or be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of applying to become a regulated broker-dealer
• Excellent English skills (written and oral) are a must
• You’ll get to work in one of the hottest and fastest growing tech startups in the world right now.
• We’ll arm you with all of the latest tech equipment.
• Competitive salary.
• Competitive 401(k) plan.
• Competitive vacation policy.
• Free dinners.
• Flexible work hours.
Please only submit an application for one posting.