Who we are:
Sisense takes a radically different approach to business analytics. We believe that insights should be easily accessible to everyone, everywhere regardless of technical ability, and back this belief with a solution that simplifies every step of the BI process for all users – from data preparation to delivery of insights. We simplify business analytics for complex data — from data preparation, analysis, and delivery of insights — making it easy to explore data and instantly get the answers needed, regardless of technical expertise. Sisense is actionable BI that delivers ROI in just weeks or months. We are obsessed with our customer's success and partner with every client to develop a true data-driven culture.
Thousands of customers leverage the power of Sisense to get the insights they need, at the instant they need them.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a skilled, business-oriented lawyer to join Sisense’s in-house legal team. You should be able to handle a broad range of transactions independently and efficiently and to advise internal stakeholders on legal matters affecting every facet of the Company’s operations.
You will work with highly motivated fast-paced business leaders who continually push the envelope and expect results, so you should be able to work under time pressure, appropriately prioritize multiple tasks under minimal direction and be comfortable working within an entrepreneurial culture. You should exercise good business judgment and develop a solid understanding of the Company’s operations and be able to balance the interests of multiple stakeholders within the Company against legal risks.
What you’ll do
- Negotiate a high volume of software licensing, cloud services and professional services transactions, referral agreements and reseller agreements with customers and business partners, collaborating with sales teams and other internal stakeholders to successfully conclude deals in a timely manner.
- Negotiate other commercial agreements with customers, business partners and vendors including NDA’s, data protection agreements, consulting agreements, subcontractor agreements and vendor agreements.
- Counsel internal business owners across the Company on legal questions, develop legal terms and policies that address business needs and proactively identify and address areas of legal concern.
- Create and update contract templates and other documentation as our business evolves and grows.
- A Juris Doctor or equivalent law degree and admission to the New York Bar.
- 4 to 6 years of experience in-house or at a law firm negotiating technology-related transactions. Experience negotiating business-to-business software licensing transactions and in-house experience at a technology company are highly preferred.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies, commercial contracts and business law, intellectual property, data protection, and privacy law.
- Exceptional legal drafting and negotiation skills.
Sisense is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We only care that you embody the Sisense DNA which is teamwork, a "can-do" attitude, drive to win, creativity and the dedication to help our clients succeed.