As Legal Operations Associate, you will be the second person joining our growing Legal Operations team, working closely with a small team of highly dedicated and dynamic lawyers who are graduates of the country’s top law schools and alums of elite law firms. You will be fully integrated into the legal team, and your experience will be much more substantive and varied than it likely would be as a paralegal at a large law firm.
What You'll Do:
- Prepare, review and mark up contracts, e.g. NDAs, SaaS licenses, vendor contracts, engagement letters, etc., and maintain the company’s forms and guideline documents.
- Develop working knowledge of internal databases and systems in order to pull and extract insights from data in making business decisions.
- Constantly help the legal team become more organized and efficient, through the implementation and management of ticketing systems, document management and filing systems, KPIs tracking, etc.
- Manage and maintain the company’s contract database.
- Ensure and track compliance with GDPR and other data privacy laws through oversight of Data Protection Agreements with vendors.
- Provide administrative support and assist with special projects, as assigned.
- Implement the company’s billing guidelines and coordinate with outside counsel.
Who You Are:
- Meticulous and vigilant, with a keen attention to detail.
- Willing to wear multiple hats and work on projects of all types, big and small.
- High-energy and enjoy working autonomously.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Interested in the changing regulatory landscape of the on-demand transportation industry.
- Excited by start-up culture, workspace, and development.
- A positive can-do attitude, good judgment, and the ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Strong organizational and communication skills and an eagerness to help others.
- 4-year degree from a top-tier university - this is a non-attorney role, though recent college graduates interested in attending law school in the future are encouraged to apply.
- 1-2 years professional work (or work-study) experience (preferably with startups) preferred but not required. An analytical mindset is necessary, although prior legal experience is not.
What Catches Our Eye:
- Go-getter who is interested in the law
- Strong academic record
- French or Japanese language skills are a plus
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
We’re proud to be leading a worldwide transportation revolution and modernizing mobility for all. Through intelligently-designed systems and sophisticated algorithms, we craft localized solutions for each one of our global partners. Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.