Legal Operations Coordinator
NS1 optimizes delivery of the world’s most critical internet and enterprise applications. Only NS1’s platform is built on a modern API-first architecture that acts on real-time data and grows more powerful in complex environments, transforming DNS, DHCP, and IP Address Management (IPAM) into an intelligent, efficient, and automated system. NS1’s technology drives dramatic gains in IT efficiency and application performance, reliability, and security for the largest global enterprises, including Salesforce, LinkedIn, Dropbox, Nielsen, Pitney Bowes, Squarespace, Pandora and The Guardian. We solve incredibly challenging problems on behalf of our customers, in the most mission critical parts of their stack.
The NS1 legal team is looking for a motivated legal operations individual to assist our growing team as Legal Operations Coordinator. This position will work closely with the legal team as well as business stakeholders at all levels of our company.
This position includes facilitating the life cycle of the contract process. Typical transactions will range from monitoring and directing the status of a number of legal agreements, including non-disclosure agreements, vendor and customer agreements, and documentation for complex, high-value transactions to the filing of state and regulatory documents. This position is perfect for an operations-focused and business-minded law firm paralegal or other legal operations professional looking to transition to an in-house opportunity. Ideal candidates for this role will be able to adapt quickly to changing priorities and business needs, and will be proactive and strategic in identifying solutions. This role is based at NS1’s headquarters in NYC.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the legal team in facilitating contract process improvement, contract management tool maintenance, tracking, and reporting.
- Helping drive the flow and lifecycle of commercial transactions from a quote to a negotiated agreement with discretion, exceptional independent judgment, and efficiency.
- Communicating effectively and clearly with internal teams, including legal and sales, by in part escalating questions and concerns to attorneys as necessary.
- Identifying and implementing legal department tools to streamline or improve new or existing practices, as well as manage design, rollout, and training for new systems as appropriate.
- Providing general support to the legal team with respect to other legal and contract requirements of the business.
- A Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, or equivalent degree.
- At least two years of contract or legal facilitation experience and/or legal team support (including as a paralegal), preferably at a start-up or well-regarded law firm.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership with strong work ethic and follow through skills.
- Previous success as a detail oriented and dynamic team player thriving in a fast paced environment, including managing multiple competing deadlines.
- High degree of self-sufficiency, including the ability to solve problems independently and collaborate with others, including escalating issues/seeking guidance appropriately.
- Excellent recordkeeping and record retention skills and outstanding attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written, with a proven ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
- Curiosity about internet tech and willingness to learn technical concepts.
- Strong MS Word skills and a demonstrated ability to learn and master various online tools.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with SaaS and Software products
- Familiarity with Ironclad or other contract management tools
Working @ NS1
We’re a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York City’s Financial District with offices and team members around the world. Working at NS1, you’ll come to understand our team is unique, both in and out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, and athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. We’re hardworking, but we're also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open and honest communication and we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, and creativity.
- competitive compensation (salary and stock options)
- medical, dental, and vision
- commuter benefits
- flexible hours and time off
- choice of workstation
NS1 is an equal opportunity employer.