Bizzabo’s Legal team is growing! We’re looking for a hardworking, tech-savvy, articulate, organized, and pragmatic Legal Operations Manager who is excited to design, implement, streamline and execute efficient processes and procedures to help us do our best work and scale Bizzabo’s Legal function.
The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of driving operational efficiency including ownership of, or significant exposure to, vendor management, contract management, and other areas relevant to Legal Ops. The ideal candidate will also have a growth mindset and will be a solutions-oriented, creative thinker, and will be comfortable in a fast-scaling startup environment. The ability to effectively communicate and collaborate across diverse, cross-functional stakeholders, both internal and external, is essential.
Bizzabo is the leading event success platform for in-person, virtual, and hybrid events. Bizzabo’s all-in-one event software helps companies measure, manage, and scale events towards key business outcomes—empowering every organizer, marketer, exhibitor, and attendee to unleash the power of professional events. Bizzabo powers events for brands like Amazon, Electronic Arts, Financial Times, Forbes, Siemens, and Salesforce, to name a few. The company was founded by Boaz Katz, Alon Alroy, and Eran Ben-Shushan, and has hundreds of Bizzaboers working around the globe.
Community Details and Perks:
The Bizzabo Community
At Bizzabo we believe that culture is more than just happy hour and a ping pong table (though we do love a good ping pong tournament), we believe that culture is everything we do and how we do it. Our values are what help to guide us in our interactions with each other, our customers, and anyone who crosses paths with Bizzabo. Bizzabo fosters an environment of communication and trust. We don’t just offer the opportunity to share ideas, we encourage you to own your ideas and bring them to fruition.
Our core values as a community have carried over to the virtual workspace as we’ve transitioned to remote work in light of COVID-19.
- We offer a comprehensive insurance package at no out of pocket cost to the employee, 401k, Pre-tax commuter benefits, and a generous vacation policy.
- We are a dog friendly in-person and virtual office!
- For new employees joining us during this remote work period, we offer a comprehensive virtual onboarding experience with a stipend to get your remote office set up.
- We have frequent Bizzabonding activities including bi-weekly sponsored lunches, bi-weekly happy hours, virtual cooking classes, yoga classes, fitness classes, and other virtual bonding activities to keep our Bizzaboers engaged and connected. We welcome all new ideas and encourage each Bizzaboer to participate or lead their own virtual event!
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage a large scale of legal projects from beginning to end
- Proactively initiate and manage legal operations initiatives with a focus on improving the efficiency and functionality
- Work to simplify and automate legal process and flows, and centralize repositories where applicable
- Serve as the primary resource for contract and document management
- Assist pre and post contracting procedures, including counterparty communication, contract negotiation, contract review, contract renewals, and contract analytics
- Provide general support to the legal team with the management of the department’s affairs
- Develop and maintain all legal IT systems including tracking and implementing updates/renewals, designing and implementing new initiatives, suggesting and implementing improvements to current systems, and identifying opportunities to leverage technology solutions to resolve legal and business issues
- Provide ongoing training to users of legal IT systems
Who you are:
- At least 4 years experience in an in-house legal department, preferably in a technology company, handling legal operations (experience as a Commercial or Corporate Paralegal a HUGE plus)
- Proven project management skills to consistently complete projects on-time with great attention to detail; capability to handle multiple assignments and manage major projects to successful completion
- Ability to effectively create and implement new and scalable processes
- Experience in seeking ways to improve/enhance processes, find efficiencies, think outside the box
- High level of professionalism; ability to handle sensitive/confidential information with appropriate care
- Well-rounded exposure to various legal tech resources
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Workspace
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills
- Flexible mindset combined with technical knowledge and passion for innovation
- Paralegal certificate a plus
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, disruptive business