Licensing Operations Manager at Policygenius
About the role….
Are you looking for the opportunity to join a nimble, dynamic team, with the ability to make a real impact on day-to-day business and key strategic initiatives across the enterprise? Are you a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment with lots of balls in the air?
We’re looking for a talented Licensing Operations Manager to be part of our growing team. Reporting directly to the General Counsel, this person will lead our Licensing team in ensuring that our insurance agents obtain and maintain the appropriate licensing, training, and carrier appointments while collaborating with insurance regulators, carriers, and our internal Operations teams.
In this role, you will…
- Manage a team of licensing specialists and associates and their daily operations, including maintaining licensing and appointments for the business entity, employees, and sub-producers
- Leverage ticketing tools to delegate licensing tasks and ensure SLA adherence
- Define and execute strategic plan to optimize and scale operations and drive enhancements on key metrics (e.g., time to licensing)
- Interface with insurers and insurance regulators on licensing and appointments issues and inquiries
- Serve as the subject matter expert and point of contact for internal and external stakeholders on all matters relating to licensing compliance
- Where necessary, lean in to assist with day-to-day licensing and appointments work and perform licensing related trainings
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 4-5 years of relevant work experience, including 2+ years’ experience autonomously delivering in a fast paced, dynamic environment (prior startup, fintech, insurance, or licensing experience is a bonus)
- You have previous experience directly managing a team in a high-volume role
- You can bring order to chaos and drive execution on deliverables
- You're a stellar communicator who has strong interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with stakeholders internally and externally
- You have a strong problem-solving track record – you’re able to think critically through unique problems with no set playbook and quickly implement a path to a solution, and you can toggle effortlessly between big picture strategy and in-the-weeds tactical problem-solving
- You have experience using ticketing systems (e.g., AskSpoke, Jira)
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America’s leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. To date, we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance and placed over $45 billion in coverage.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we’re looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine’s “Best Workplaces” two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!