ABOUT THE ROLE:
Peloton is looking for an experienced, highly motivated individual to join our corporate legal team, with primary responsibility for supporting the Strategy and Corporate Development team on M&A and other strategic investment opportunities. You will lead transactions from a legal perspective, advising on issues related to the M&A pipeline, due diligence activities, deal structuring, contract negotiations, and post-transaction integration activities. While working with Peloton’s senior management and key business partners, you will provide strategic legal guidance and support on a diverse range of M&A matters that will help drive Peloton’s expansion and growth, including acquisitions, dispositions, mergers, investments and joint ventures. This position requires a thorough understanding of Peloton’s multi-faceted business, including its suppliers, partners, members, and competitors, in order to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Advise internal business partners on the full lifecycle of strategic M&A transactions, from NDA, initial structuring and letter of intent phase, through due diligence, deal structuring, contract negotiations and integration and transition service agreements
- Review bids and proposals prior to submission to a seller
- Draft, advise on, and negotiate a variety of complex strategic transactions, and identify potential opportunities, risks and synergies with Peloton’s existing business
- Work closely with Peloton’s internal stakeholders, functional specialists and other company advisors, such as outside legal counsel and investment bankers, on due diligence activities, regulatory filings, closing preparation and integration work streams
- Help draft and maintain “best practices” guidelines and governance procedures for the Corporate Development function
- Assist the corporate and securities legal team and the Finance and Accounting team with financing arrangements and other capital markets activities, board and corporate governance, public reporting, corporate and tax structuring matters and other special projects as needed
- Drive an environment of continuous quality and process improvement, including initiatives for effective management of outside counsel
- Build productive relationships and feedback loops with the Legal, Finance, and senior business teams to drive efficiencies
- A minimum of 6 years’ progressive experience as an attorney with a top tier law firm and/or in-house corporate legal department
- A proven track record of effectively handling complex M&A transactions and relevant corporate transactions such as investments, financings and dispositions; cross-border transactional experience preferred
- Experience working with senior management in strategic M&A initiatives, as well as the ability to work well with functional business leadership to achieve company goals
- Knowledge of U.S. securities laws and corporate governance preferred
- Must be an independent and strategic thinker who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large) and willing to take on additional responsibilities
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills, with a solutions-oriented mindset
- Superb organizational skills and ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once
- Experience working with and managing outside counsel when needed
- Enjoy working in a rapidly changing, disruptive business
- A member in good standing of the NY, CA or comparable State Bar
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love.
The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.