Manager, Counsel - Employment Law at Spectrum (Greater NYC Area, NY)
Charter Communications is a leading broadband connectivity company and cable operator, with 93,000+ team members, servicing more than 32 million customers in 41 states through its Spectrum brand. The Manager, Counsel position is an opportunity for an attorney with a history of academic and professional overachievement to begin a career on the Employment Law Team in the Legal Department of a Fortune 100 company. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding our clients' expectations. We encourage new ideas and look forward to our team members' individual and collective contributions.
As a member of the Employment Law Team, you will provide the highest quality legal support to the Employment Law Team's clients, which include our HR organization, our various business unit partners, and company management, on a full range of U.S. employment law issues.
As a talented writer with an aptitude for highly efficient communications, you will be primarily responsible for effective handling of employment-related, administrative claims pending with federal and state agencies, including developing strategy, conducting investigations, preparing responses to claims, and attending evidentiary hearings. You are someone who enjoys persuasive writing, staying current on employment law developments and supporting our team in providing clients with practical guidance. The position requires excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Researches general legal issues
- Interprets laws, rulings, and regulations for corporation
- Negotiates and drafts business agreements
- Fields and answers questions from business units concerning transactional issues, compliance implications, and other legal topics
- Coordinates and manages outside counsel
- Works with senior in-house attorneys to proactively identify and address key legal issues for management
- Keeps informed of industry-specific regulations
- May lead and direct the work of others
Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school
Admission to State Bar in which Attorney practices
Related Work Experience
1+ years experience in general business legal issues
This is an in-office based role, located at our corporate campus in Stamford CT.
#LI-onsite LGC500 330017 330017BR