Imagen is extending the frontiers of medicine and artificial intelligence (AI) to improve human well-being. In the short-term we are building state-of-the-art AI systems to reduce diagnostic errors and improve patient outcomes. Over the long-term, we are conducting research to find the next set of breakthroughs at the intersection of AI and medicine to transform early disease identification and management.
We’re a team of leading scientists, engineers, clinicians, and industry professionals from some of the top healthcare and technology organizations across the globe. Our management is comprised of personnel from Bridgewater Associates, Allen & Company, Marianas Fund Management, and Ospraie Management. Our clinical team is comprised of radiologists and surgeons from Mayo Clinic, Stanford Hospital, Hospital for Special Surgery, Boston Children’s Hospital, and others. Imagen’s technical team is comprised of machine learning PhDs and engineers with extensive experience doing research and building technology and products at world-class organizations. We were founded in 2016 and have raised over $60M from leading venture capitalists, hospitals and health systems, and technology entrepreneurs. Our institutional investors include Google Ventures and DFJ.
The Manager of Legal and Compliance will be Imagen’s primary legal expert and will partner with stakeholders across the organization to plan and execute all legal work across the company. This role will report to the VP of Operations, who in turn reports directly to the Co-Founders and Co-CEOs.
- Managing the full suite of legal work, including legal structure management, contracting (e.g. employment, strategic partnerships, vendors), and due diligence
- Managing compliance work to support various programs including HIPAA and Fraud & Abuse
- Working closely with a variety of stakeholders including the co-CEOs, sales, strategic partnerships, recruiting, insurance, and HR to help accomplish their business objectives
- Engaging and overseeing outside counsel with subject matter expertise ranging from IP to imaging
- JD plus 2 years experience at a law firm, OR 5-10 years total experience including significant legal exposure, including corporate / commercial law
- Healthcare experience strongly preferred but not required
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and a low tolerance for failure
- Excellent communicator with the ability to explain your processes, logic, and decisions
- Possess a "no job is too big or too small" mentality in order to support the various needs of the business
This role is based in New York, NY