Operations Associate (Paralegal)
Do you have a passion for continuously improving processes and untangling (sometimes very tangled) knots? If so, you are unique and highly-skilled person with whom we’d like to speak. Please keep reading!
The Operations Associate will join one of New York’s fastest growing tech companies (ranked #9 nationally by Glassdoor!) and help facilitate the workings of CB Insights’ finance department and legal professionals. As we offer new services to new and valued, existing clients, you will identify, implement, and improve processes and projects to ensure compliance and continued growth.
- Identify, define, and lead ongoing strategic and operational initiatives.
- Lead on accounts receivable and contractual efforts
- Lead compliance for both new clients and existing clients (global clients). Support requests from Business Development to ensure contractual compliance.
- Assist new contract/renewal requests and deliveries between Finance Department and Business Development (and/or other departments as needed). Opportunity to own this process.
- Work closely with legal professionals on contract inventory, negotiation stages, and procurement process
- Develop work plans, gather and analyze relevant data, and help develop final recommendations and implement solutions for multiple departments to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 2-3 years of experience in project management/process improvement
- Ability to synthesize data and develop meaningful conclusions and predictive insights
- Strong communication skills - you should feel comfortable speaking to clients and/or busy colleagues
- Organized beyond a reasonable doubt
- Ability to multi-task and manage the details while keeping an eye on the big picture
- Strong MS Word and Excel skills
- Proactive, entrepreneurial approach to recognizing needs, solving business challenges, anticipating issues and developing solutions
- Experience in management consulting, or within corporate finance/law departments and/or accounting/law firms
- Excellent business judgment and ability to think strategically
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a commitment to professionalism and collegiality
Perks and Benefits:
- Subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with up to 4% match
- $1,000 continuing education stipend
- Daily lunch stipend
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role, submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!