Peloton is looking for a skilled rockstar paralegal to join the Employment Law team in supporting the legal needs of the People (HR) Team. You will have the opportunity, and will be required, to work with Peloton’s senior management and key business partners. You will join a collaborative, trusting and high-performing team that loves to work on state-of-the art legal issues and generate practical solutions. At Peloton, we put our Members first, operate with a bias toward action, empower teams of smart creatives, and together we go far! This exciting in-house opportunity is ideal for a person seeking to make a direct business impact. And, on top of that, we were just named number one place to work in NYC by Comparably! By the way, we have great benefits! This position is full-time, based in Peloton’s New York City headquarters.
- Support the Employment Law team’s day-to-day and strategic needs to serve all internal business clients, including the People Team
- Collaborate with other members of the Legal Team and with cross functional business partners
- Help manage Peloton’s separation agreements, garnishment process, background check escalations, and contract management system, and process documents that will assist with operational support
- Be primarily responsible for record-keeping systems and managing deadline calendars
- Assist with special projects as needed, with the ability to work in an ever-changing environment
- Assist with document collection and other fact gathering for legal employment matters and investigations, and responding to discovery for employment-related litigation, including analyzing discovery requests
- Assist with processing settlements and other administrative tasks
- Assist with internal reporting regarding threatened and pending litigation matters
- Monitor legal developments and partner with the employment lawyers to provide and track relevant legal developments.
What You'll Need:
- Independent and strategic thinking skills, and be a strong team player (no job is too small or too large) and willing to take on additional responsibilities
- Knowledge of consumer tech world
- Experience supporting employment law matters; experience in international employment law is a plus!
- Familiarity with all aspects of litigation support, including assistance with subpoenas, locating and analyzing documents and information related to existing or threatened claims
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, disruptive business
- Self-motivation, strong work ethic and extreme attention to detail
- Project management skills, including the ability to define the project scope, establish a timeline and manage resources.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to explain complex concepts for a variety of audiences.
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to collect, organize and analyze information with accuracy.
- Ability to balance workload under short deadlines and pivot to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- 4+ years experience as a paralegal
- Bachelor’s degree required; completion of ABA-approved paralegal program a plus (JD considered)
- Am Law 100, or other relevant in-house experience
- Experience with Google G Suite tools (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.), preferred
- Experience with Practical Law or Westlaw legal research tools a plus
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.