Paralegal at AlphaSights
AlphaSights is the global leader in knowledge on-demand. We connect investment and business leaders with a dynamic network of industry professionals whose informed perspectives help our clients make superior investment and business decisions. With 1200+ employees and nine offices across the US, Europe, Middle East, and Asia, AlphaSights regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world. Learn more at alphasights.com.
We are looking for a results-oriented Paralegal with a focus on Legal Operations to join our global Legal team and be based in New York. The Legal team is a dynamic, external and internal-facing function which supports all aspects of the business across all offices, from Tokyo to San Francisco. You will have a broad range of work, ranging from:
- Coordinating the execution of documents, including processing comments, formatting and filing documents, whilst gaining exposure to contractual drafting;
- Maintaining and building Legal team playbooks, trackers and agendas;
- Assisting with legal research, with potential to help draft internal policy and training materials;
- Managing (including triaging, allocating and completing) internal legal work requests;
- Tracking key metrics and data points related to the Legal team KPIs, delivery and operations and reporting on such metrics and data points; and
- Identifying and implementing tech / data solutions to streamline new or existing practices within the Legal team.
As a Paralegal, you will grow and develop in a high-growth commercial environment. We will provide you with autonomy and independence in your day-to-day work and give you the opportunity to be a self-starter. This is an ideal role for someone who’s keen to gain legal and operations experience while having direct access to the commercial and organizational workings of a dynamic, innovative global business. We are looking for a person who wants to join our high-performance team, have real impact and be part of AlphaSights’ growth story.
What We Look For
- Self-confidence - ability to thrive in a dynamic environment;
- Proactive attitude - recognizing needs, anticipating issues and solving problems;
- An execution-focused mindset - inner drive to push forwards with tasks and ensure timely and satisfactory delivery;
- Data driven - a keen interest in data and process improvement;
- Agility - ability to execute on numerous workstreams within the same timeframe; and
- Emotional intelligence and exceptional team playing skills - ability to build relationships within the Legal team and work effectively with other stakeholders.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic record;
- Previous experience working as a paralegal and / or in legal operations is desirable and experience in project and data management, analytical or problem-solving roles is a plus; and
- Fluency in English.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At AlphaSights, we believe that investing in DEI is the right thing to do and is vital to driving progress. We go the extra mile to build teams of people with diverse backgrounds and experiences, because diversity of thought drives innovation and knowledge diffusion which creates value for our clients, employees, and society.
We are a people-centric company, where every person is evaluated based on their merit. Our action plan is clear: recruit top talent based on our core values, invest massively in people’s development, and follow a structured DEI strategy so that everyone is always treated equitably and with respect.