The Paralegal will serve a key role in our expanding legal team, supporting and managing workstreams spanning a variety of Knotel functions, including property-acquisition, sales, corporate development, operations, employment and global expansion. S/he will also be responsible for maintaining company-wide contracts management and other systems necessary to support Knotel’s rapid growth. This will be a hands-on role role requiring a high degree of self-sufficiency, organizational skills and ability to function independently in a demanding fast-paced environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Build and maintain a company-wide system for managing and executing commercial, real estate, corporate and other contracts, including internal guidelines for contract review, contract templates, notarization/apostillation processes, contract-related inquiries, and technology solutions to support the foregoing.
- Oversee key corporate governance matters, including entity-formation and maintenance of corporate records.
- Assist in due diligence and related support on Knotel’s strategic transactions.
- Proactively working to draft, review and revise internal processes, policies and workflows, including as they apply to the various markets in which Knotel operates.
- Manage insurance and related administrative form filings, and claims management.
- Work as a member of Knotel’s Legal Team, participating on team projects and advising and supporting Knotel’s employees from all over the world.
Who You Are:
You are a systems-thinker who prides yourself on operational efficiency, while not sacrificing attention to details. You’re excited by the challenges that come along with building a disruptive business and this role is exciting to you because you want to build and improve internal process, policies and products at high growth company. You’re detail-oriented, have strong organizational and communication skills and are excited at the prospect of working in a fast-paced outcomes-driven organization where roles rapidly evolve over time. You also have the following:
- At least 3-4 years of experience as a paralegal, working in a top law firm or a mix of law firm and in-house legal department experience. Familiarity with technology and/or real estate transactions a plus.
- Familiarity with general corporate paralegal work including corporate governance, entity formation and maintenance, capitalization table management and financing and M&A-related work.
- Demonstrated experience in contract drafting and management
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, with strong GPA.
- A Paralegal Certificate is preferred but is not a prerequisite.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Strong organizational skills, self-sufficiency and the ability to get up to speed quickly on new areas of business and legal functions.
Knotel empowers companies to be their most productive by providing tailored, responsive spaces that flex to meet their evolving needs.
Named a Business Insider Top 50 Startup and New York's Hottest New Workspace Model, Knotel has over 100 locations across more than 2 million square feet in New York, San Francisco, London, and Berlin. Founded in 2016, Knotel has raised $160 million in funding. Knotel’s member network includes companies like Starbucks, Cheddar, and King. Visit Knotel.com to learn more.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Don’t Look Away- Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes- Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
Get Uncomfortable- Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
“Where is it Engraved…”- Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance- No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.