Haven Life Insurance Agency is an insurtech innovator at MassMutual that offers a new way to get life insurance online that's actually simple. It is composed of 250+ New York City-based engineers, marketers, designers, data geeks, and insurance nerds.
We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 500 company to create an environment that's truly unique. Our diverse team is composed of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don't take themselves too seriously. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too.
If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
You’ll be joining Haven Life’s growing Legal & Compliance team, where you will provide support on a broad range of issues affecting our strategy and products. In this role, you will be a key member of the team and will be responsible for supporting Haven’s attorneys in a variety of legal areas, including insurance, privacy, intellectual property, e-commerce, and corporate law.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Develop, implement, and maintain forms and processes
- Perform tasks as needed for the Legal department, such as legal research (including 50-state surveys), contract management, and legislative monitoring
- Own the contract management lifecycle, including first-look reviews of incoming contracts
- Assist on regulatory matters, such as product filings, audits, and market conduct exams
- 3+ years of experience as a paralegal
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience performing and summarizing legal research for attorney and non-attorney audiences
- Experience with contract review
- Experience with LexisNexis, Westlaw, and/or NILS research database
- Intellectually curious, pro-actively seeks to learn new things and drive improvements
- Help others succeed by modeling professional behavior, supporting a culture of collaboration and inclusion, while staying humble
- Authorized to work for any employer in the US without sponsorship now or in the future
- Must be able to work full-time from our Manhattan office when we return to the office
- Experience with life insurance or the financial services industries
- Experience with content management tools
- Strong organizational and communication skills, with an ability to work cross-functionally
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).