Riskified empowers merchants and shoppers to realize the full potential of eCommerce by making it safe, accessible, and frictionless. Our global team helps the world’s most-innovative eCommerce merchants eliminate risk and uncertainty from their business. Merchants integrate Riskified’s machine learning platform to create trusted customer relationships, driving higher sales while reducing costs. Riskified has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and approved billions of dollars of revenue for global brands and fast-growing businesses across industries, including Wayfair, Wish, Peloton, Gucci, and many more. As of July 29th, 2021, Riskified has begun trading on NYSE under the ticker RSKD.About the Role
Riskified’s growing legal team is hiring a New York based Payments Product Counsel. In this role, you will partner with Riskified’s product and development team to provide ongoing advice and support in the alternative payments/finance technology space. This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful late-stage tech company and drive continued growth. We’re looking for someone who is highly motivated, wants to make a significant impact and will excel in a dynamic, cross-functional team.What You'll Be Doing
- Counsel Riskified product teams on a range of issues including payments, financial products, regulatory concerns, and consumer protection
- Actively counsel and collaborate with a wide variety of Riskified’s teams, including product, partnerships, strategy, operations and marketing on a range of issues related to product development and commercialization
- Structure, draft and negotiate deals with our various payments partners
- Draft, review, and update foundational documents for product and service offerings
- Be Riskified’s subject matter expert on U.S. and international laws and regulations dealing with payments and financial services
- Participate as a proactive business partner to senior managers and build a trusted advisor relationship
- Support all things payments related by providing legal advice on federal and state payments and/or lending laws, card processing activity, rules and regulations
- Law Degree Required
- Licensed to practice in New York or ability to obtain in-house counsel status
- 6-8 years of experience, preferably with a combination of law firm and in-house experience (FinTech); at least 3 years experience providing counsel on federal and state payments laws, banking laws, and/or card processing regulations
- Deep understanding of PSD2
- Familiarity and experience with the payments, banking or FinTech industry and related legal issues, including the laws, rules and regulations related to banks, bank partners, payment processors and/or the participants in various payments systems
- Experience with, and have a strong interest in mobile and alternative payments, emerging payments technology, and the payments industry
- Familiarity with consumer protection laws and frameworks related to alternative payments and lending
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating agreements
- Practical mindset towards protecting the company from risks while enabling fast-paced growth and innovation
- Experience counseling development teams preferred
- Attention to detail, detail and more detail
We are a fast-growing and dynamic tech company with 650+ team members globally. We value collaboration and innovative thinking. We’re looking for bright, driven, and passionate people to grow with us.
- Our NYC team is currently working remotely. If anyone prefers to work in our office, we’re happy to offer an option to do so safely.
- When the situation improves, we’re looking forward to adapting a hybrid of remote and in-office work for all our team members.
- We’re growing at a rapid rate and have transitioned all our interviews to Zoom.
Some of our NYC Benefits & Perks:
- Fully-covered medical, dental, and vision insurance from your first day
- Equity for all employees, 401(k) + matching, commuter benefits
- Catered lunch, fully-stocked kitchen, team events, happy hours, birthday celebrations
- Yoga, pilates, soccer league, wellness classes
- Wide-ranging opportunities to volunteer and make an impact in local communities
- Commitment to your professional development with global onboarding, sales bootcamp, skills-based courses, full access to Udemy, lunch & learns
- Awesome Riskified gifts and swag!
Reuters: General Atlantic-Backed Riskified is Valued at 4.3 BLN in NYSE Debut
FoxBusiness: Fraud Protection Platform 'Riskified' Begins Trading on NYSE
Fortune Magazine: 25 Best Workplaces in New York
Announcing Riskified's $165M Funding Round
Inc Magazine: Best Workplaces
Built In NYC: 100 Best Workplaces
TechCrunch: Riskified Prevents Fraud on Your Favorite eCommerce Site
Calcalist: Riskified is the Most Promising Startup
Riskified is deeply committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all individuals. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.