Policy and Campaigns Manager
A bit about the job
In the Government Relations team, our job is to ensure that the relevant law and regulations help us to create the best product for our customers. Our priority outcomes include:
- Customer onboarding regulations that create as little customer friction as possible
- Instant, low-cost, 24/7 payment systems that we are able to access directly
- Full disclosure of the costs of sending money overseas by all industry participants
You’ll be embedded in the North America team, based in New York. You will work alongside colleagues in product, legal, compliance, and banking to deliver low-cost, transparent and instant money transfers to our North American customers.
You will also receive functional support and guidance from colleagues in the Government Relations team based in London, where your line manager will be based.
What you’ll be doing
Taking ownership of North America Government Relations you’ll be:
- Creating a plan for delivering our priority outcomes in North America and executing it.
- Building relationships with key influencers: politicians and senior officials whose support we need now or might need in the future.
- Cutting through the noise of political developments and current affairs: you will summarise and share what is most important and relevant to your team-mates.
- Drafting comment letters and position papers: you will be able to distill technical information into compelling briefings
- Diving deep into the product to understand which regulatory changes can help us deliver improvements for our customers.
- Working with the compliance and banking teams in managing our relationships with regulators and government departments.
Who are you?
You should be a highly skilled advocate who is totally passionate about the TransferWise mission. You:
- Are an expert in public affairs and campaigning and know your way around DC and/or Ottawa politics, or equivalent
- Are able to get stuff done. Not afraid to get hands dirty to deliver what is needed - we’re a scale-up and you will need an entrepreneurial mindset to thrive
- Are a versatile and highly skilled writer: from tweets to blogs to bill briefings, you are confident and compelling with all styles
- Are curious about other cultures, have a global mindset, and are prepared to spend time abroad for work
- Have previously worked with a fast growing regulated financial and/or mission driven company (payments experience particularly welcome)
Work and life at TransferWise
For the most part, no one will be telling you what to do. We’ll expect you to make our customers’ lives easier and happier by contributing as you see fit.
True, a lot of that will be the stuff we mention above, but the bottom line is that you’ll be your own boss, and at the same time, you’ll get tons of support from your colleagues. Not to mention tons of feedback.
The way we work doesn’t suit everyone. But if freedom, autonomy, and head-scratching professional challenges get you psyched, this could be a really good match.
Who we are
TransferWise was founded in 2011 with a clear mission: Money without borders - so people and businesses can send, spend and get paid in any currency, whenever, wherever.
Sure, the heart of what we do is international money transfer. And we’re committed to making it instant, convenient and fair for millions of people, all over the world. But we’re growing our other products and our teams at an exciting pace. And we’re looking for the very best to jump on board.
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) and company matching
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 23 days paid time off and progressive family leave
- Annual all-expenses-paid company holiday in Europe
- High-spec laptop, of your choice
- And more!