Policy and Campaigns - North America Lead
We’re looking for an awesome Policy and Campaigns - North America Lead to take ownership of our North America Government Relations and have a real impact in helping us to achieve Money Without Borders. The global Government Relations team ensure that the relevant law and regulations help us to create the best product for our customers. Our priority outcomes include:
- Customer onboarding regulations that create as little customer friction as possible
- Instant, low-cost, 24/7 payment systems that we are able to access directly
- Full disclosure of the costs of sending money overseas by all industry participants
You’ll be embedded in the North America team, based in New York, but your team lead is in London and you’ll be regularly travelling to Canadian and US political institutions. You will work alongside colleagues in product, legal, compliance, and banking to deliver low-cost, transparent and instant money transfers to our North American customers.
- Create a plan for delivering our priority outcomes in North America and executing it.
- Build relationships with key influencers: politicians and senior officials whose support we need now or might need in the future.
- Cut through the noise of political developments and current affairs: you will summarise and share what is most important and relevant to your team.
- Draft comment letters and position papers: you will be able to distil technical information into compelling briefings
- Dive deep into the product to understand which regulatory changes can help us deliver improvements for our customers.
- Work with the compliance and banking teams in managing our relationships with regulators and government departments.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your own path to success you’ll have the freedom to define the strategy to achieve our outcomes, and the responsibility for making it happen
- Develop innovative approaches; you will be part of a global team who want to learn from each other
- Work autonomously while evidencing impact in an environment where regular feedback and change is the norm
A bit about you:
- You’ll be a highly skilled advocate who is totally passionate about the TransferWise mission.
- An expert in public affairs and campaigning and know your way around DC and/or Ottawa politics, or equivalent.
- Able to get stuff done. Not afraid to get hands dirty to deliver what is needed - we’re a scale-up and you will need an entrepreneurial mindset to thrive
- A versatile and highly skilled writer: from tweets to blogs to bill briefings, you are confident and compelling with all styles.
- Curious about other cultures, have a global mindset, and are prepared to spend time abroad for work.
- Have previously worked with a fast growing regulated financial and/or mission driven company (payments experience particularly welcome).
Some of your benefits:
- Competitive base salary and generous stock options package
- 401(k) and company matching
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 23 days paid time off and progressive family leave
- An all-expenses paid yearly company vacation to Europe
A bit about TransferWise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.