Quality and Compliance Manager at Latch
Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that make spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Latch is paving new ground at the nexus of building hardware, access control, and consumer-facing UI/UX. The Quality and Compliance Manager will direct product requirements and development efforts to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and standards. This requires a candidate that has a strong background in these areas combined with a passion for creating a unified strategy out of a multitude of dynamic and isolated regulations. This is a highly cross-functional position, working with in-house and outside legal, product, engineering, supply chain, program, and operations teams to ensure the successful delivery of new hardware and commissioning of new jobs. The ideal candidate will have significant knowledge of regulatory bodies, quality management systems, process development, and compliance standards that apply to access control products and experience.
- Managing compliance with building, fire, electrical, mechanical, accessibility, and environmental codes and regulations for Latch’s new and existing products
- Identifying necessary tests of Latch’s new and existing products to meet applicable codes and regulations
- Working closely with product, engineering, and program teams during product development to determine applicable standards and regulations
- Retaining and managing external product compliance experts
- Interact with Latch customers and authorized installers to determine applicable product requirements
- Meeting with relevant organizations, such as the ICC, to resolve issues and obtain compliance opinions
- Develop and maintain a quality management system which includes, but is not limited to, change management, document control, internal and external auditing, device certification, and corrective actions processes
- A degree in Engineering and 10+ years of experience in quality and compliance with applicable regulatory bodies
- Thorough knowledge of quality standards and experience developing a quality management system
- Experience with standards and certifications relevant to access control devices, such as ANSI/BHMA, UL (94, 294, 746c, 60950, etc.), FCC, and IEC standards
- Strong project management and quantitative skills; highly process-oriented
- Excellent time and task management skills
- Ability to function successfully both independently and cross functionally
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 200+ team members working to reimagine modern buildings of today and drive evolution for the cities of tomorrow. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
Applicant Privacy Notice