Regulatory Counsel, Advertising & Promotion at Ro
What You'll Do:
- Serve as the internal subject matter leader on FDA and FTC Advertising & Promotion issues
- Create company-wide guidelines and trainings on creating advertising and create content
- Partner closely with the Marketing and Growth teams on concept reviews, storyboarding, campaign reviews, content creation, and production
- Provide counsel on a wide variety of content within Ro’s uniquely collaborative medical-legal-marketing review process. This content includes: paid social and search ads, website pages, national TV spots, podcast reads, and out of home billboards
- Lead and build a team of regulatory ad/pro staff
- Provide guidance to maintain compliance with FDA and FTC advertising and promotional regulations, pertinent consumer and health care laws, and company brand and ethos
- Learn Ro’s business through and through to enable a multi-dimensional review of content
- Develop and routinely update SOPs and working instructions to facilitate a consistently high performing and efficient review process
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) and law degree (JD) required.
- At least 5 years of Ad/Pro experience in pharma and healthcare.
- Expert knowledge of FDA and FTC advertising and promotional regulations and guidance is necessary.
- Must be able to innovate, analyze, and solve problems with minimal supervisory input.
- Excellent communications, listening, and negotiation skills are necessary.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills needed to manage multiple ongoing projects simultaneously.
- Must have outstanding attention to details.
- Degree in a scientific discipline
- Familiarity with healthcare laws and regulations
- Familiarity with digital and direct-to-consumer advertising
- Familiarity with the regulatory landscape for the promotion of various FDA regulated products including dietary supplements, OTC monograph drugs, prescription drugs, and medical devices
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Fitness reimbursement
- Paid maternity/parental leave