Founded in 2017, Ro is a patient-driven telehealth company that puts you in control of your health. We’re patients, just like you, building technology to make healthcare accessible, affordable, and maybe even enjoyable. Ro powers three digital health clinics -- Roman for men’s health, Rory for women’s health, and Zero for fighting smoking addiction -- as well as Ro Pharmacy, a simple and affordable online pharmacy where every medication is $5 per month. The company’s nationwide networking of physicians and pharmacies provides a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from online treatment to the delivery of medication and ongoing care. Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, and listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020.
We’re looking for an Advertising and Promotion Counsel. to join our growing legal team! This role will report to our Director, Senior Regulatory Counsel and will oversee all things related to ensuring our advertising, promotional, and other customer facing materials are compliant with FDA and FTC regulations and guidelines.
Who are you? You are comfortable working within a new and evolving industry while handling several projects at the same time. You will have a major impact on Ro’s plans to scale and will work collaboratively with each department at the company. You are collaborative, friendly, flexible, and eager to learn about all facets of the business.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as the internal subject matter leader on FDA and FTC Advertising & Promotion issues
- Create company-wide guidelines and trainings on creating advertising and create content
- Partner closely with the Marketing and Growth teams on concept reviews, storyboarding, campaign reviews, content creation, and production
- Provide counsel on a wide variety of content within Ro’s uniquely collaborative medical-legal-marketing review process. This content includes: paid social and search ads, website pages, national TV spots, podcast reads, and out of home billboards
- Lead and build a team of regulatory ad/pro staff
- Provide guidance to maintain compliance with FDA and FTC advertising and promotional regulations, pertinent consumer and health care laws, and company brand and ethos
- Learn Ro’s business through and through to enable a multi-dimensional review of content
- Develop and routinely update SOPs and working instructions to facilitate a consistently high performing and efficient review process
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) and law degree (JD) required.
- At least 5 years of Ad/Pro experience in pharma and healthcare.
- Expert knowledge of FDA and FTC advertising and promotional regulations and guidance is necessary.
- Must be able to innovate, analyze, and solve problems with minimal supervisory input.
- Excellent communications, listening, and negotiation skills are necessary.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills needed to manage multiple ongoing projects simultaneously.
- Must have outstanding attention to details.
- Degree in a scientific discipline
- Familiarity with healthcare laws and regulations
- Familiarity with digital and direct-to-consumer advertising
- Familiarity with the regulatory landscape for the promotion of various FDA regulated products including dietary supplements, OTC monograph drugs, prescription drugs, and medical devices
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Fitness reimbursement
- Paid maternity/parental leave
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.