Regulatory Counsel at Eden Health
What success looks like
- Be Eden Health’s resident expert on relevant healthcare regulatory matters, including Corporate Practice of Medicine, HIPAA, Anti-Kickback and Stark statutes, and state telemedicine regulations
- Advise stakeholders across the company on healthcare regulatory matters to identify and implement creative solutions to business and regulatory needs
- Collaborate with Eden Health’s clinical team on frameworks for compliance with licensing and scope of practice laws and regulations, and credentialing requirements
- Develop legal and regulatory structures that support Eden Health’s partnerships with employers, landlords, payers, and other constituencies across the US healthcare system.
- Educate and advise the sales and customer success teams on customers’ ERISA-related questions
- Work closely with Legal Operations associate (to be hired) on the implementation of the company’s compliance program
- Own Eden Health’s malpractice insurance program
- Provide clear and practical advice with respect to Eden Health’s HIPAA compliance in matters relating to partnerships, vendor relationships, and growth.
- Efficiently manage relevant outside relationships with top tier healthcare regulatory counsel.
What you will bring
- JD (or equivalent) and member of a U.S. state bar in good standing
- 3 to 6+ years of experience in healthcare regulatory law (some in-house experience preferred, but not required)
- A business-oriented, practical and creative mindset (your instinct is to find solutions, not just problems)
- Strategic legal thinking; ability to provide thought leadership and build processes that support the company’s short- and long-term goals
- Ability to see the forest from the trees and make trade-offs based on business considerations
- Drive to work independently and to plan and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong leadership, analytic, organization and project management skills
- Willingness to wear multiple hats and approach any task with a can-do, flexible attitude, understanding that no job is too big or too small
- Ability to foster pleasant and productive working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication; ability to distill complex legal principles to business teams and other individuals with non-legal backgrounds
- Excitement about contributing to Eden’s mission to create a world where every person has a relationship with a trusted healthcare provider
Why Eden Health?
- Remote first company and culture
- Series C Healthtech startup with a mission-driven team that's passionate about helping every person have a relationship with a trusted healthcare provider
- Competitive salary and equity compensation package
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance and commuter benefits
- Dedicated Culture Committee led by CEO
- Learning and development budgets to help you grow and bond with your team
- Positive, inclusive, supportive culture cheering you on your journey
- Strong and quickly growing client base of America’s leading employers