By 2020, not only will Oscar operate in at least nine states, but we will also be offering Medicare Advantage-Prescription Drug Program products. As Regulatory Counsel, you will be a key member of the Legal team responsible for providing guidance on the application of applicable regulation to Oscar’s businesses. We anticipate further geographic expansion and new product offerings. You should be comfortable in an ever changing environment as we continue to grow!
What you have to achieve:
- Provide legal guidance and advice to business units on a range of regulatory matters, including operational, licensing and reporting requirements
- Design and oversee strategic and/or operational initiatives to comply with state and federal statutory and regulatory requirements applicable to Oscar’s business
- Edit existing policies & procedures to ensure Oscar’s business teams adhere to applicable state and federal law
- Provide thought leadership on regulatory and industry developments, including identification and assessment of regulatory risks and the ongoing monitoring and tracking of relevant new regulation
- Closely partner and interact with federal and state regulators and government agencies
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school and experience from a law firm and/or in-house experience
- Currently licensed to practice law, and able to register as in-house counsel in NY State
- 3+ years of healthcare industry compliance and/or legal experience
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; you always strive for perfection when writing formal documents.
- Ability to manage competing demands, shifting priorities and interests of multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership with strong work ethic and follow-through skills
- Excellent leadership and communication skills to drive results across a wide range of stakeholders, from data scientists to sales executives to external consultants
- Critical thinker who can distill complex concepts and regulatory requirements into easy to understand action items
- You get things done, even if it’s crunch time
- You have passion for healthcare and a knack for making processes more systematic
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.