Senior Associate, Legal Operations at Cityblock Health
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
Reporting to our Manager of Legal Operations, the Senior Associate will work closely with Cityblock's Operations, Strategy, Business Development, Product Development teams, as well as external partners, leveraging your project management, data analytics, and communication skills to help build and manage integral processes that support the efforts with our members.
You will wear many hats and assume major responsibilities within high visibility projects and engagements related to building, monitoring and improving Cityblock’s core legal operations as we scale rapidly across existing and new markets. The ideal candidate learns quickly, takes initiative, and can work collaboratively with all team members. You love to build and test new processes and workflows, and are ready to roll up your sleeves and dig into the details to make sure they land. You are comfortable working with and drawing insights from data. If you like solving hard problems, have experience serving on teams to deliver high impact projects and initiatives, are excited about joining an organization that will drive significant change in the healthcare industry, and are an amazing teammate, then we want to hear from you!
- Maintain and develop legal systems and tools to enhance department operations, efficiency, and responsiveness
- Manage and prioritize incoming requests for legal assistance
- Run department’s contract lifecycle management system
- Assist legal counsel in the preparation of basic contracts and related legal documents
- Prepare regulatory/compliance resources and assist with basic legal research
- Support legal counsel in work product presentation (slide decks, charts, spreadsheets)
- Approve and track all incoming legal invoices and manage legal department budget
- Assist with internal communications on legal or regulatory issues
- You have 2+ years of demonstrated success in execution-oriented project management
- You’re detail oriented and take pride in a polished finished product
- You can manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment without things falling through the cracks
- You strive to find the most efficient solution and love problem solving
- You’re eager to learn new skills and become a project leader
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills
- You have strong Word, Excel, and Powerpoint skills
How We Define Success:
- Communicating and project managing incoming requests in a timely manner
- Identifying and implementing improvements to existing processes
- Mindfully setting the team up for success with keen attention to detail, such as ensuring resources are easy to use before sending them to the team
- Responsively and efficiently working with the team on their administrative needs
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Formal project management experience
- Basic understanding of contracts
- Paralegal experience
- Background in healthcare and/or technology
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.