We are looking for a bright, energetic, business-minded and self-motivated attorney to join our Legal Department as Senior Commercial Counsel, Builders to support our growing global Go-to-Market commercial legal team. As a critical member of our Legal GTM function, you will be responsible for providing broad commercial legal support to the Sales organization’s Builders segment, guiding complex sales transactions with General Contractors and Specialty Contractors through review, negotiation and execution in a fast-paced, high volume environment, and partnering with Builders segment stakeholders to ensure we are providing exceptional sales enablement and accelerating deal velocity.
This position reports to our Associate General Counsel, Go-to-Market and has the opportunity to be based in any of our U.S. office locations, or remotely based on experience. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Draft, review and negotiate complex commercial and SaaS sales agreements (e.g., master services agreements, professional services agreements, partner agreements, data processing agreements, renewal agreements, assignment and assumption agreements, statements of work, order forms, terms and conditions, NDAs and other commercial agreements)
- Provide practical, commercial advice to internal stakeholders on a variety of Sales- and support-related legal issues, balancing business objectives with legal risks, including identifying, managing and communicating risks and opportunities in revenue transactions and analyzing and interpreting complex business and legal contractual provisions
- Use your considerable experience to help shape business and legal terms, deal structures and transaction processes and practices to support innovation, achieve better outcomes and improve transaction velocity without material increase in risk
- Maintain and continuously refine forms, playbooks, fallback guides, guidelines, research files, FAQs, policies, processes, procedures and other tools important to the efficient and effective functioning of the Legal GTM function
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other Procore teams (e.g., Privacy, Security, Finance) to ensure agreements are consistent with internal corporate policies and processes
- Be accountable to the Legal GTM function’s SLAs and other KPIs to ensure the function’s continuous high performance
- Deliver training and education to the Sales and Customer Success organizations on, as applicable, agreement forms, provisions, negotiation best practices, greater effectiveness and other relevant legal and Sales enablement issues
- Work closely with the International Leadership Team to align to and support the company’s global expansion initiatives
- Stay abreast, and advise on potential impacts, of new and proposed SaaS, cloud computing and commercial law developments, industry trends and best practices in the markets in which we operate
- Lead or perform various other special assignments, strategic projects and duties as needed
Who you are:
Education and Experience
- J.D. from a top law school with exceptional academic credentials
- Minimum of 6+ years of transactional commercial legal experience supporting SaaS sales, in roles of increasing responsibility, gained in a corporate legal department and leading law firm
- Extensive experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating complex commercial and SaaS sales agreements globally, preferably with a company of significant size and scale and with large global enterprise customers
- Track record of success in executing in a fast-paced, high volume growing global sales environment
- Comfortable negotiating data privacy agreements, including a working knowledge of GDPR and CCPA as they relate to commercial contracts
- Deep understanding of SaaS business models, sales motions and commercial negotiation best practices, and familiarity with revenue recognition and related SaaS accounting standards, processes, systems, issues and terminology
- Demonstrated track record of motivating and influencing stakeholders, both internal and external, at all levels
- Strong desire to develop a detailed understanding of Procore, our products and our industry, with the intent of aligning advice and decisions with the company’s strategic objectives
- Demonstrated ability to independently move projects forward by gaining support needed from stakeholders across the company and working in a cross-functional role
- Adept at explaining complex legal concepts in a clear, concise manner to stakeholders who may have minimal legal knowledge using oral, written and visual presentations
- Must be admitted, active and in good standing with the state bar in which the position is located, or with another state bar and registered, or eligible to register, as in-house counsel with the state bar in which the position is located
Interpersonal Skills and Competencies
- Highly detail-oriented, organized, proactive, efficient and resourceful with strong follow-through skills
- Ability to simultaneously manage workloads, multiple stakeholder demands, and competing and shifting priorities within a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment while meeting deadlines and delivering results
- Practical, business-oriented approach to problem-solving and be able to effectively counsel internal stakeholders by providing them with clear, concise, and commercial advice, and creative solutions where necessary, on established timelines to meet their business needs
- Lead with optimism and a genuine interest and ability to connect and engage with all levels of employees and management effectively and in a manner that builds, maintains and enhances trust and a positive working relationship
- EQ that matches your IQ
- Impeccable professional ethics, integrity and judgment
- Exhibit a high degree of professionalism and trustworthiness and a demonstrated ability to handle highly confidential information
- Passion for results and building and continually improving processes, optimized to be collaborative and effective to enable scale
- Strong desire to function integrally and collaboratively as part of an interdisciplinary team with the ability to operate autonomously
- Passionate about technology and energized by the challenges of serving a dynamic, high growth company
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.