Senior Contracts Manager/Paralegal
About Foursquare:Foursquare is a technology company that enriches consumer experiences and informs business decisions through location intelligence. A community of more than 50 million people use the Foursquare City Guide and Foursquare Swarm apps and websites to discover new places, explore the world and check in. They have written more than 95 million tips and checked in over 12 billion times. Foursquare powers location data for Snapchat, Apple, Uber, Twitter and 125,000 other developers. Foursquare’s business solutions also include Pinpoint, Attribution, Pilgrim SDK and Foursquare Analytics, which empower brands to understand and connect to targeted audiences as well as measure foot traffic and advertising success.
About the role:As a Senior Contracts Manager/experienced Paralegal at Foursquare, you’ll work on cross-product initiatives, working in collaboration with cross-functional team members to refine and evolve our partnership and client agreements and other legal processes. As a member of the legal team, you will aggregate and manage contractual risks, and work to review, draft and negotiate a variety contractual agreements. You will have a developed understanding of our products and services that we offer in the AdTech, B2B, location data and data licensing space.
- Be responsible for contract drafting, contract compliance, management of deal flow and process oversight.
- Liaise frequently with Sales/BD team, internal and external counsel, and cross-functional partners to develop and operationalize contractual agreements.
- Analyze and interpret clauses, assist with redlines, draft agreements, and ensure compliance.
- Assist with maintenance of Foursquare’s contract templates in partnership with the greater legal team.
- Assist with managing Foursquare’s equity grant process and Cap Table.
- Oversee Foursquare’s corporate filings and registrations.
- Bachelor's or JD degree
- 3+ years of experience managing contracts or working as a paralegal
- Experience tracking and translating technical/non-technical discussions into actionable tasks and next steps
- Experience analyzing and interpret clauses, assisting with redlines, drafting and reviewing various contract agreements and compliance knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once with competing demands and sense of urgency.
- Be a flexible member of the legal team that is able to take initiative and work proactively.
- In-house legal experience supporting the contract management in a tech company or startup
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.